We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

New Vertical Tab Group

What's the best way to create a New Vertical Tab Group programatically?

Thanks in advance,
Frank

4 Replies

PP Prabhu P Syncfusion Team April 23, 2009 09:48 AM UTC

Hi Frank,

Currently we do not provide support to create a Tab Group items programmatically. This has been confirmed as a Feature Request and we have included this in our FR database. We will implement this feature in our forthcoming new version releases or service pack releases. We usually have a timeframe of at least three months between releases. The feature implementation would also greatly depend on the factors like product design, code compatibility and complexity. We will get back to you once the feature is implemented.

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

Regards,
Prabu

>What's the best way to create a New Vertical Tab Group programatically?

Thanks in advance,
Frank

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 23, 2009 05:39 PM UTC

I have been able to access the TDILayoutPanel and the DocumentTabControl, where the RoutedCommand code resides and where it is defined, repectively.

When I call the command from my code, I get this error.

"Must disconnect specified child from current parent Visual before attaching to new parent Visual"

If I've gotten this far, there *must* be a way. :)

Frank

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 23, 2009 09:40 PM UTC

I found the way to create tab groups progamatically.

By traversing the Visual Tree you can grab a reference to the TDILayoutPanel.

From there, you can get the reference to the command named "NewVerticalTabGroup" (or HorizontalTabGroup if that's what you want)

DocumentTabControl is in the Content property of TDIPanel, like so:

DocumentTabControl dtc = tdiPanel.Content as DocumentTabControl;

Then execute the command, with the first parameter being a control in the DockingManager and the second control being the DocumentTabControl.

cmd.Execute(control, dtc);

And it works like magic. :)

Next up, I'd like to be able to control which TabGroup to send various control into.

Looks like the place to look is the moveToNextTabGroupCommandBinding or moveToPreviousTabGroupCommandBinding command.

PP Prabhu P Syncfusion Team April 24, 2009 08:03 PM UTC

Hi Frank,

Thanks for your information. Usually we can grab the elements from Template through its name and using these elements, we can do the operation based on our need. But this is one of the way to work around. We have a plan to provide a direct API to achieve this operation. We will update you as soon as this gets implemented.

Best Regards,
Prabu

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon