We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Test Studio - Possible Error on Install??

Hi All,

I have tried to install TestStudio (with Essential Studio). The QTP (9.2 with .Net installed) recognition appears not to work.

On investigation I notice an error in the TestStudio.log file:

====================

Exception in Main...
Could not find file "C:\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\7.1.0.30\Config\swfconfig.xml".

====================

To me it looks as though there could be a path issue in the MSI as the path does not exist. There are however three sub folders 1.1, 2.0 and 3.5 that hang off it, each containing the swfconfig.xml file that the MSI appears to require.

Thanks,

Mike.

3 Replies

NR Nirmal Raja Syncfusion Team April 22, 2009 10:16 AM UTC

Hi Mike,

The Essential Test Studio has been implemented with a custom assembly to recognize the Syncfusion controls over QTP. The customized assembly of test studio has to be mapped to the QTP through swfconfig.xml file, where each assemblies and its path will be mapped in it, from this mapped path the QTP will fetch the functions of the control.
The swfconfig file has been shipped with the Test Studio which will be available in the config folder of the installed location, which has to be replaced in the dat folder of installed location of QTP, and the path for each assemblies in the file has to be changed manually with relevant to the location of assemblies. Now the QTP will recognize the Syncfusion controls.
For more details, please refer the KB article in the below location:
http://www.syncfusion.com/support/kb/teststudio/Default.aspx?ToDo=view&questId=10

Please try with our sample shipped along with the Essential Test Studio, which will be available in the Example folder of the installed location, and if the issue still persists then let me know.

Regards,
Nirmal

SJ swapna jamalpur September 29, 2009 07:32 AM UTC

Hi Nirmal,

I have installed both Essential studio and test studio 7.1.0.30.
how can i know whether the essential test studio is completely installed or not?
In the start programs, we have syncfusion ->Test studio -> read me,help and uninstall.

there is no test studio,folder created in the syncfusion folder(C:\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\7.1.0.30)
In the test studio.log file the following error message is shown : "Exception in Executing Version Switcher...
The system cannot find the file specified ".

I have configureed the essential test studio, by mapping it to the qtp folder.but still qtp is unable to recognise the tables in the .Net application.

NR Nirmal Raja Syncfusion Team September 30, 2009 04:05 AM UTC

Hi Mike,

The issue is on the installation of Test Studio on the same location of Essential Studio which may override the existing control on Essential Studio.
Please uninstall both Essential Studio and Essential Test studio completely and try to install the both in different location, in the Syncfusion folder as Essential Studio and Essential TestStudio, and then follow the guidelines given in the article from the below link:
http://www.syncfusion.com/support/kb/1839/Syncfusion-controls-does-not-get-recognized-even-after-TestStudio-is-installed

Let me know if you have any queries.

Regards,
Nirmal

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon