We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

pop up messages with grids

Every once in a while, when doing routine actions with GDBG and GGC, I'll get an error that manifests itself as a pop up message dialog with an Ok button.
There's one that reads "This row has been removed from a table and does not have any data. BeginEdit() will allow creation..."
Another one reads something like "Do not use this method to move row"

It's not the errors I have a problem with, it's how they manifest themselves - as pop up dialogs with messages that aren't necessarily in the language the user understands.

Can these be stopped or removed from Syncfusion code. they are particularly irritating and frusterate our end users.

3 Replies

LS Lingaraj S Syncfusion Team April 20, 2009 05:26 PM UTC

Hi Mark,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion product.

I am unable to get the error message which you have mentioned in our sample and source. In GridGroupingControl and GridDataBoundControl the error messages has been handled only for the some user based exception with some conditions. Please send us a minimal sample where you can see these error messages that you mentioned, so that we can able to analyze the issue with more details and provide you if any alternative solution can be applied.

Please let me know if you have any concern.

Regards,
Lingaraj S.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 21, 2009 05:47 PM UTC

I'm unable to create a sample where the behaviour can be reproduced simply because I'm unable to reproduce these issues myself most of the time. They happen infrequently and appear to be related to timing.
When a grid is refreshing or resuming binding and the user happens to be entering data at the same time. Like, a grid cell is validating its data while, at the same time, its binding data from an external source and there's some kind of conflict.
Again, it's not the errors I'm concerned about - I expect them to happen on occasion, given the fact that we are commiting and fetching data to a remote server asynchronously. The problem is that the errors are appearing as message boxes with messages that make no sense to users who aren't software developers.

It's pretty easy to see the spots in your code where the errors will happen - just a matter of searching for the error text.

>Hi Mark,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion product.

I am unable to get the error message which you have mentioned in our sample and source. In GridGroupingControl and GridDataBoundControl the error messages has been handled only for the some user based exception with some conditions. Please send us a minimal sample where you can see these error messages that you mentioned, so that we can able to analyze the issue with more details and provide you if any alternative solution can be applied.

Please let me know if you have any concern.

Regards,
Lingaraj S.

LS Lingaraj S Syncfusion Team April 23, 2009 07:28 PM UTC

Hi Mark,

Thank you for your update.

Please try using the ExceptionRaised and TableControlError events in GridGroupingControl to avoid the GridControl messages.

Please refer the code below:

this.gridGroupingControl1.TableControlCurrentCellErrorMessage += new Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.Grouping.GridTableControlCurrentCellErrorMessageEventHandler(gridGroupingControl1_TableControlCurrentCellErrorMessage);
this.gridGroupingControl1.ExceptionRaised += new Syncfusion.Grouping.ExceptionRaisedEventHandler(gridGroupingControl1_ExceptionRaised);
void gridGroupingControl1_ExceptionRaised(object sender, Syncfusion.Grouping.ExceptionRaisedEventArgs e)
{
e.Cancel = true;
}
void gridGroupingControl1_TableControlCurrentCellErrorMessage(object sender, Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.Grouping.GridTableControlCurrentCellErrorMessageEventArgs e)
{
e.Inner.Cancel = true;
}

Let me know if it helps.

Regards,
Lingaraj S.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon