We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Docking Manager - DataContext lost

When I place content within the DockingManager hierarchy, the DataContext set above the DockingManager is initializing properly down to the content elements. When I alter a docked item (ex: select auto-hide, grab the title bar and begin a window drag) I'm finding that the DataContext is getting set to null. I believe this happens because the control is being temporarily moved out of the logical hierarchy which DataContext flows down. I do not see the DataContext getting reset, so once I use the dock controls - the DataContext is lost.

I have tried setting the DataContext directly onto my content elements but this causes different errors and would not be a clean solution.

I am using a trial version I downloaded yesterday (4/16/09) of Essential Tools - WPF.

Any suggestions? Thanks for any help.

3 Replies

PP Prabhu P Syncfusion Team April 18, 2009 01:29 AM UTC

Hi Steve,

We suspect that, you might be using trial version of 7.1.0.30. We regret for the inconvenience caused. We had some issue related to DataContext in DockingManger. We already aware about these issues and we have internally fixed all the issues which are related to DataContext. All these fixes will be available in our Vol – II release which is scheduled on last week of this month. If you need our custom assembly urgently, please create a separate Direct-Trac incident [https://www.syncfusion.com/Support/DirectTrac/logon.aspx] about this with assembly request and update us. We will prepare and provide you a custom assemblies.

Please let me know if any other concerns.

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

Regards,
Prabu

SC Steve Cadwallader April 20, 2009 05:46 PM UTC

Hi Prabu -

Thanks for the response and information, I'll look forward to the next release.

-Steve

PP Prabhu P Syncfusion Team April 20, 2009 06:35 PM UTC

Hi Steve,

Sure. We will update you about release details once it rolled out. Please wait for a while.

Thanks for your patience.

Regards,
Prabu

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon