We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

MultiColumnComboBox datasource update from a thread

hi, let me describe one occasion:

0. make a DataTable as form-wise field
1. drop MulitColumComboBox to the form
2. set data source (DataTable) to the mcCombo
3. drop one button into the same form
4. implement button click event to use a seperate thread to update DataTable

after clicking the button, you can see, lots of Invalidate operation exception happens (says, crosss-thread update is not good, blah , blah ...)
My understanding, for those unknown event (DataTable triggered) should be ignored by the MCCombo, right ?
Any easier solution ? (i know, i can do so thread mashelling. i am looking for mcCombo solution or else more easier. b/c this case should not be handled by developer, my personalthought)

David

3 Replies

LS Lingaraj S Syncfusion Team April 20, 2009 02:17 PM UTC

Hi David,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion product.

I am able to see this issue, when the data table bound to MultiColumnComboBox and update the table with thread. Please avoid the AcceptChanges() method in thread to avoid this issue.

Please refer the sample in below link:
http://files.syncfusion.com/support/samples/Grid.Windows/Forums/F80623/main.htm

Let me know if you still face the issue. And it would be helpful if you send a minimal sample to reproduce the issue.

Regards,
Lingaraj S.

DC David Cui April 30, 2009 05:13 PM UTC

Lingaraj ,

The sample works fine. But my situation is, i update (in thread) the datatable with .Merge(DT2) . Even i never call AcceptChanges, seems merge somehow called some underlying event triggers. Can you try it ? (with update thread with Merge method of datatable). any workaround for this situatioN ?

best,

David

>Hi David,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion product.

I am able to see this issue, when the data table bound to MultiColumnComboBox and update the table with thread. Please avoid the AcceptChanges() method in thread to avoid this issue.

Please refer the sample in below link:
http://files.syncfusion.com/support/samples/Grid.Windows/Forums/F80623/main.htm

Let me know if you still face the issue. And it would be helpful if you send a minimal sample to reproduce the issue.

Regards,
Lingaraj S.

LS Lingaraj S Syncfusion Team May 18, 2009 03:22 PM UTC

Hi David,

Thank you for your update.

I could able to see the issue. We suspect this issue to be defect. We have forwarded this to our developers for further analysis. Meanwhile, Could you please create a new Direct trac incident with forum title as subject?.

Regards,
Lingaraj S

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon