We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

ComboBox cell type and type ahead functionality

Using combobox cell type in autocomplete mode, if you start typing once the drop down list is shown, none of the items is selected. List values: AA BB CC DD selected value is DD, when you type B it is suppose to select BB, but it goes always to the first item (like a not found value) any idea why is this happening? TIA Jose

5 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 17, 2003 09:29 PM UTC

What version of the grid code are you using? There was a problem similar to this in the early 1.6.1.x releases. In the later private releases, 1.6.1.7 or higher, this problem has been fixed. If you need to get a private release, submit a support incident and request it.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 20, 2003 06:54 PM UTC

I tried 1.6.1.7 and still getting same problem.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 20, 2003 07:50 PM UTC

Attached is a sample where I tried to see the behavior you described. I drop the combobox and type D, and the DD value in the list is selected, but the text in the edit portion has the cursor after the first D and the second D selected (this is the autocomplete behavior). At this point, if you type a B, you are entering the value DB (as that is where the cursor was). Since DB is not a value in the list, that is why the not found happens, and the first item in the list is selected. Is this what you see?

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 21, 2003 12:22 PM UTC

> Attached is a sample where I tried to see the behavior you described. > > I drop the combobox and type D, and the DD value in the list is selected, but the text in the edit portion has the cursor after the first D and the second D selected (this is the autocomplete behavior). At this point, if you type a B, you are entering the value DB (as that is where the cursor was). Since DB is not a value in the list, that is why the not found happens, and the first item in the list is selected. > > Is this what you see? > > OK, here is the real example. If DD is selected once you open the DropDown, start typing A and nothing happen. (when item AA should be selected)

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 21, 2003 01:46 PM UTC

I am sorry for being dense, but I still don't see it. If DD is selected as text in the edit portion of the combobox (so that DD is highlighted), then typing an A deletes the DD (since it was selected text) and gets autocompleted to AA with the second A highlighted. Now if DD is not selected as text, meaning that DD is not highlighted in the edit portion of the combobox, then typing A will try to place an A wherever the Cursor is located (so that might be ADD or DAD or DDA), but none of these alternatives are in the list, so there is no change.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon