We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

PagerBar in GGC

How do you display the PagerBar in the GridGroupingControl? I am trying to do paging in my application.

5 Replies

RP Rekha P Syncfusion Team April 20, 2009 04:30 AM UTC

Hi Johnny,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion Products.

The GridPager control is used to page the data and to display as a navigation control for databound controls that implement the IPagingContainer interface. You can associate the GridPager control with the PagingControlID. This would bind the GridPager with the databound control. The default markup that is rendered requires client script to do postbacks.

Pager Items :

In order to render out the navigation elements, you must add the Pager Items to the control. The following list of pager items can be used with the GridPager.

- NextPreviousPagerItem - Enables users to navigate through pages, one page at a time, or to jump to first or last page.
- NumericPagerItem - Enables user to select a page by page number.
- TemplatePagerItem - Enables user to create custom paging UI.

Find the below code to add a Grid pager to the page.

[ASPX]

PageSize="10" >

ShowPreviousPageButton="true" ShowLastPageButton="False" ShowNextPageButton="false" />

ShowPreviousPageButton="false" ShowLastPageButton="true" ShowNextPageButton="true" />

Please refer the below sample link.
http://samples.syncfusion.com/ASPNET/7.1.0.30/Web/Grid.grouping.web/samples/3.5/Paging/SimplePaging/CS/GGCWithGridPager.aspx

You can also set the custom images to GridPagerItems by specifying ButtonType property to Image. Please refer the code snippet to achieve this.

PagingControlID="GridGroupingControl1">

ShowPreviousPageButton="True" FirstPageImageUrl="Images/MoveFirst.png" PreviousPageImageUrl="Images/Previous.png"
FirstPageText="" PreviousPageText="" />

ShowNextPageButton="True" LastPageImageUrl="Images/MoveLast.png" NextPageImageUrl="Images/Next.png"
LastPageText="" NextPageText="" />

EnableDelete="True" EnableEdit="True" UpdateLinkText="" CancelImageUrl="Images/Cancel1.png"
DeleteImageUrl="Images/Delete1.png" EditImageUrl="Images/Edit1.png" UpdateImageUrl="Images/Update1.png"
Visible="True" />

Please refer the sample below which illustrates for displaying customer images for page navigating.
http://files.syncfusion.com/support/GGC.Web/7.1.0.30/55003/main.htm

We appreciate your patience and please let me know if this helps you.

Thanks,
Rekha

JN Johnny Nguyen April 20, 2009 02:27 PM UTC

Thanks for you response. I am trying to do this in a windows application and not a web page. Do you have examples for a windows application? I am currently displaying data in GGC and just want to add the functionality of paging to the form.

>Hi Johnny,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion Products.

The GridPager control is used to page the data and to display as a navigation control for databound controls that implement the IPagingContainer interface. You can associate the GridPager control with the PagingControlID. This would bind the GridPager with the databound control. The default markup that is rendered requires client script to do postbacks.

Pager Items :

In order to render out the navigation elements, you must add the Pager Items to the control. The following list of pager items can be used with the GridPager.

- NextPreviousPagerItem - Enables users to navigate through pages, one page at a time, or to jump to first or last page.
- NumericPagerItem - Enables user to select a page by page number.
- TemplatePagerItem - Enables user to create custom paging UI.

Find the below code to add a Grid pager to the page.

[ASPX]

PageSize="10" >

ShowPreviousPageButton="true" ShowLastPageButton="False" ShowNextPageButton="false" />

ShowPreviousPageButton="false" ShowLastPageButton="true" ShowNextPageButton="true" />

Please refer the below sample link.
http://samples.syncfusion.com/ASPNET/7.1.0.30/Web/Grid.grouping.web/samples/3.5/Paging/SimplePaging/CS/GGCWithGridPager.aspx

You can also set the custom images to GridPagerItems by specifying ButtonType property to Image. Please refer the code snippet to achieve this.

PagingControlID="GridGroupingControl1">

ShowPreviousPageButton="True" FirstPageImageUrl="Images/MoveFirst.png" PreviousPageImageUrl="Images/Previous.png"
FirstPageText="" PreviousPageText="" />

ShowNextPageButton="True" LastPageImageUrl="Images/MoveLast.png" NextPageImageUrl="Images/Next.png"
LastPageText="" NextPageText="" />

EnableDelete="True" EnableEdit="True" UpdateLinkText="" CancelImageUrl="Images/Cancel1.png"
DeleteImageUrl="Images/Delete1.png" EditImageUrl="Images/Edit1.png" UpdateImageUrl="Images/Update1.png"
Visible="True" />

Please refer the sample below which illustrates for displaying customer images for page navigating.
http://files.syncfusion.com/support/GGC.Web/7.1.0.30/55003/main.htm

We appreciate your patience and please let me know if this helps you.

Thanks,
Rekha

LS Lingaraj S Syncfusion Team April 21, 2009 05:53 PM UTC

Hi Johnny,

Thank you for your update.

The windows GridGroupingControl does not have default property for an pager bar. If you want pager bar options in GridGroupingControl add the buttons with behavior of performing the paging options.

Please refer the sample below:
http://files.syncfusion.com/support/samples/Grid.Windows/Forums/F80604/main.htm

Please let me know if you have any queries.

Regards,
Lingaraj S.

JN Johnny Nguyen April 22, 2009 04:15 PM UTC

Thanks for your response. I was hoping that GGC had the paging property built in.

LS Lingaraj S Syncfusion Team April 23, 2009 07:30 PM UTC

HiJohnny,

Thank you for your update.

You can achieve this by handling QueryRecordMeetsFilterCriteria event which will be fired for all records just before displayed in the grid. In addition you need to maintain a hashtable that contains the position/index of the record. Then in QueryRecordMeetsFilterCriteria event handler you can check the position of that record whether it is belong to the first page(say, if position lies between 0 and 10) or in the second page(11 - 20) and set the e.Result based on that. If you set the e.Result to true, grid will display that record, else if you set it to false grid will not display that record.

Please refer to the following Knowledgebase article. It demonstrate how to allow or restrict any record from displaying.
http://www.syncfusion.com/support/kb/grid/Default.aspx?ToDo=view&questId=245

Let me know if it helps.

Regards,
Lingaraj S.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon