We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Saving Word 2007 docx as new docx document

SyncfusionDocIO seems to be pretty buggy when saving Docx files (Essential Studio 2009 Vol 1). I have created a simple document attached. Loading the document with Syncfusion and saving it again to a target docx file results in a file Word 2007 has to 'fix' when it is loaded. Worse, if I load a docx file I intend for a mailmerge in Syncfusion, the resulting docx file crashes Word 2007 when you load it. The code:

Dim document As WordDocument = New WordDocument()
document.Open("C:\TestDoc.docx")

' Saving as a DOCX file does not work, crashes Word when you load the document!
'document.Save("C:\TestDoc_Output.docx", FormatType.Docx)

'Saving as a DOC file works fine.
document.Save("C:\Users\Jschmid\Documents\Req_A_Output.doc")

I can save the document as a Word 2003 Doc file just fine and load that into Word 2007. What is wrong with the 2007 format?

TestDoc_b0b02f77.zip

2 Replies

JG Johannes Goetz April 15, 2009 05:32 AM UTC

I have a similar problem when saving self created documents as docx-files. There occur some errors when saving documents containing tables.

-Johannes

BP Bhuvaneswari P Syncfusion Team April 21, 2009 11:56 AM UTC

Hi John,

I am afraid that I am unable to reproduce the issue "when open the docx file- it corrupts".. It works fine in our end. I have tested this in Essential Studio version 7.1.0.30. Please let us know your Essential Studio version and OS details to reproduce the issue in our end. This would helps to investigate the issue further.

Johannes:

Could you please provide your docx file to reproduce the issue in our end?

Best Regards,
Bhuvana

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon