We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Scrolling and sorting in GridGroupingControl

In my app, we have the ability to change a property of an object that's being displayed in a GridGroupingControl.
the way that this property gets changed is independant of the grid itself but the value of the property is being displayed in the grid.
When this property is being sorted on and the value gets changed in one of the items in the grid, the grid row moves elsewhere in the grid - as I would expect.
But, I'd like to automatically scroll to the new position of the item. I understand how to programmaticly scroll to the item but I can't seem to identify the right event to do this in. Is there an event that gets fired that I could use to identify the item that just got moved?

Thanks in advance,
Mark

5 Replies

LS Lingaraj S Syncfusion Team April 10, 2009 10:16 AM UTC

Hi Mark,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion product.

The RecordValueChanged event is fired, when the record value changed in GridGroupingControl. If you want to scroll view the changed record, please try using SetCurrent() method in RecordValueChanged event to achieve this behavior.

Please refer the sample below:
http://files.syncfusion.com/support/samples/Grid.Windows/Forums/F80538/main.htm

Please let me know if it helps.

Regards,
Lingaraj S.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 13, 2009 04:40 PM UTC

That doesn't seem to work in my situation. The handler for the RecordValueChanged event doesn't seem to get called.
I think it might be because I'm not changing the record the same that the sample is showing.
I'm actually changing a property of an object rather than doing something like this:
gridGroupingControl1.TableModel[row, col].ApplyText(textBox3.Text);

...in the sample.

LS Lingaraj S Syncfusion Team April 14, 2009 05:45 AM UTC

Hi Mark,

Thank you for your update.

In GridGroupingControl, the SourceListRecordChanged event is fired when the bound data was externally modified. Please try using SetCurrent() method in the SourceListRecordChanged event to focus the changed record in GridGroupingControl.

Please refer the code below:

this.gridGroupingControl1.SourceListRecordChanged += new Syncfusion.Grouping.RecordChangedEventHandler(gridGroupingControl1_SourceListRecordChanged);
void gridGroupingControl1_SourceListRecordChanged(object sender, Syncfusion.Grouping.RecordChangedEventArgs e)
{
e.Record.SetCurrent(gridGroupingControl1.TableDescriptor.VisibleColumns[0].Name);
}

Please let me know if you still face the issue.

Regards,
Lingaraj S.

DY dileep yadav February 19, 2018 09:57 AM UTC

it's great platform for download ebooks . 

AR Arulpriya Ramalingam Syncfusion Team February 20, 2018 04:44 AM UTC

Hi Dileep, 

Thanks for your appreciation. 

Please let us know, if you have any other queries. 

Regards, 
Arulpriya 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon