We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Using shortcut Crashed with System.NullReferenceException

I upgrade my project from Syncfusion 3.2 VS2003 to Syncfusion 7.102.0.21 VS2008. When I click on the BarItem, it shows a modal form OK , When I use the BarItem shortcut (Ctrl+E), the application crashed with the following stack trace:

Error Message: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Exception Type: System.NullReferenceException
Stack Trace:
at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.XPMenus.BarRenderer.PreFilterMessage(Message& m)
at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.MessageFilterEntryHelper.System.Windows.Forms.IMessageFilter.PreFilterMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.ProcessFilters(MSG& msg, Boolean& modified)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.PreTranslateMessage(MSG& msg)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FPreTranslateMessage(MSG& msg)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(Int32 dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.RunDialog(Form form)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.ShowDialog(IWin32Window owner)
at INOVx.LINx.UserInterface.LINxShell.ToolsPropertyEditor_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.XPMenus.BarItem.OnItemClicked(EventArgs args)
at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.XPMenus.BarItem.PerformClick()
at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.XPMenus.BarManager.ProcessShortcut(Keys key)
at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.XPMenus.MainFrameBarManager.ProcessShortcut(Keys key)
at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.XPMenus.MainFrameBarManager.PreFilterMessage(Message& m)
at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.MessageFilterEntryHelper.System.Windows.Forms.IMessageFilter.PreFilterMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.ProcessFilters(MSG& msg, Boolean& modified)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.PreTranslateMessage(MSG& msg)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FPreTranslateMessage(MSG& msg)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(Int32 dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
at INOVx.LINx.UserInterface.LINxShell.Main(String[] args)

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 8, 2009 11:23 AM UTC

Hi Henry,

Sorry for the inconvenience.

I am afraid that I was not able to reproduce the issue of 'Application crashed when using the BarItem shortcut while upgrading to 7.1.0.21 from 3.2.1.0 version.'

I have followed the steps below to reproduce the issue .

1) Created XPMenus with shortcuts in 3.2.1.0 version.
2) Opened the application in 7.1.0.21 and used BarItem shortcuts.
3) NullReferenceException is not thrown.

Please refer the test sample created in 3.2.1.0 version , try reproducing the issue in it and let me know if I missed out anything.

http://files.syncfusion.com/support/Tools.Windows/7.1.0.21/54930/Tools_WF_XPMenus_ShortCut_3_2_1_0.zip

Thank you for using Syncfusion products.

You can follow up the incident 54930 for further queries.

Regards,
Jaya

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon