We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

How to close a dockable form

If I add a form to the DockingManager and close a form that is docked to the main application, the form does not actually close (the close event for the form does not get fired). Is it possible for me to set up DockingManager so that it informs the form to close itelf and remove itself both from the DockingManager and the application. Thanks, Vikram.

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 17, 2003 03:29 PM UTC

Hi Vikram, If you close a form associated with a Docking Manager, only the dock visibility of the form changes and the form does not actually close. I have attached a sample application here that shows how this can be accomplished. I have handled the DockVisibilityChanged event to close, dispose and remove the form from the Docking Manager's controls list. You could also use the 'Display Docking Manager's Controls List' button to view the Docking Manager's controls list before and after closing the child form. Please let me know if this helps. Thank you. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon