We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Stacking Area not showing correclty

Hi,

I am using StackingArea series on my chart and I get weird series displayed when I try to use some real data set (not the ones from your examples).

Please see the attached image. Note that I have DateTime on X Axis.

I have tracked down the reason to this awkward behavior. Whenever, there are more than one series and which don't have corresponding values on X-axis, they don't stack on each other as they should in a StackingArea chart.

eg.,
Series1 = {(x1,t1), (x2,t2), (x3,t3), (x4,t4), (x5,t5)}
Series2 = {(x1,t1), (x2,t4), (x3,t5), (x4,t6), (x5,t7)}

This will create two series overlapping each other.

How do I fix this overlapping?

Thanks
/Saad

Weird-Stacking-Area.Chart_463248e0.zip

4 Replies

PJ Pavithra J Syncfusion Team April 2, 2009 11:58 AM UTC

Hi Saad,

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products.

Each and every series to be plotted should have corresponding BindingPathX value.

We have created a sample with multiple Stacking Area series which takes DateTime Range in X-Axis and random set of values in Y-Axis and seems that the series are getting stacked properly.

You can download the sample from the below given link,

StackingArea Sample

Please let us know if you have further queries.

Regards,
Pavithra.J

SA Saad April 2, 2009 12:57 PM UTC

Thanks Pavithra but you misunderstood the problem. It is the X-Axis that has random DateTime values and NOT the Y-Axis.

Please see the code attached. I've modified the sample code to reproduce the problem.

/Saad

StackingAreaSampleModified_3572aa04.zip

SA Saad April 3, 2009 09:17 AM UTC

This is a high priority problem for me now.

A dirty fix could be to loop through and compare all the series' data, and add missing X-axis values from other series.

Any ideas how to do this?

/Saad

VM Venugopal M Syncfusion Team April 3, 2009 06:40 PM UTC

Hi Saad,

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products.

Sorry for the inconvenience cause, Unfortunately there is no workaround for this issue since this is related to plotting geometry. Our developers started to analyze about this issue. We will update you the timeline for this defect fix within two business days.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Venugopal.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon