We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.

Stacking Area not showing correclty

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

80402 Apr 2,2009 03:36 AM Apr 3,2009 02:40 PM WPF 4
Tags: Chart
Saad
Asked On April 2, 2009 03:36 AM

Hi,

I am using StackingArea series on my chart and I get weird series displayed when I try to use some real data set (not the ones from your examples).

Please see the attached image. Note that I have DateTime on X Axis.

I have tracked down the reason to this awkward behavior. Whenever, there are more than one series and which don't have corresponding values on X-axis, they don't stack on each other as they should in a StackingArea chart.

eg.,
Series1 = {(x1,t1), (x2,t2), (x3,t3), (x4,t4), (x5,t5)}
Series2 = {(x1,t1), (x2,t4), (x3,t5), (x4,t6), (x5,t7)}

This will create two series overlapping each other.

How do I fix this overlapping?

Thanks
/Saad

Weird-Stacking-Area.Chart_463248e0.zip

Pavithra J [Syncfusion]
Replied On April 2, 2009 07:58 AM

Hi Saad,

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products.

Each and every series to be plotted should have corresponding BindingPathX value.

We have created a sample with multiple Stacking Area series which takes DateTime Range in X-Axis and random set of values in Y-Axis and seems that the series are getting stacked properly.

You can download the sample from the below given link,

StackingArea Sample

Please let us know if you have further queries.

Regards,
Pavithra.J

Saad
Replied On April 2, 2009 08:57 AM

Thanks Pavithra but you misunderstood the problem. It is the X-Axis that has random DateTime values and NOT the Y-Axis.

Please see the code attached. I've modified the sample code to reproduce the problem.

/Saad

StackingAreaSampleModified_3572aa04.zip

Saad
Replied On April 3, 2009 05:17 AM

This is a high priority problem for me now.

A dirty fix could be to loop through and compare all the series' data, and add missing X-axis values from other series.

Any ideas how to do this?

/Saad

Venugopal M [Syncfusion]
Replied On April 3, 2009 02:40 PM

Hi Saad,

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products.

Sorry for the inconvenience cause, Unfortunately there is no workaround for this issue since this is related to plotting geometry. Our developers started to analyze about this issue. We will update you the timeline for this defect fix within two business days.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Venugopal.

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.

;