We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Getting a value from a hidden row with javascript

Hi guys,

I'm trying to read a value on client side, from a row that was also hidden on client side with JavaScript (the elements are still in the HTML, but with style="display: none;" attribute). In this case the

odata.Row.GetValue("HiddenColumn");

function call won't read the value, even though it could read it when the column was visible.
How can I get the value of this hidden column?

Thanks,
Peter

4 Replies

PK Peter Kovacs April 1, 2009 03:09 PM UTC

And I just noticed I wrote 'row' instead of 'column' in the subject. :( Sorry.

RP Rekha P Syncfusion Team April 2, 2009 10:48 AM UTC

Hi Peter,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion Products.

We regret to let you know that it is not possible to get the hidden column values through javascript. But this can be achieved using server side where the columns and visible columns are maintained as a collection.

Please refer a workaround sample from below which illustrates retrieving currently selected column and visible column values.
http://files.syncfusion.com/support/GGC.Web/7.1.0.30/F80387/main.htm

Please let me know if you have any concerns.

Thanks,
Rekha

PK Peter Kovacs April 2, 2009 11:56 AM UTC

Hi,

thanks for your post, but you talk about hiding on the column on the server side, and I was about hiding it on client side with JavaScript (with the HideColumn function), the HTML elements will be still there, just hidden (style="display: none;").

Upon further investigation I realized that reading elements from the grid while one of the columns is hidden doesn't work right. I'll report it with Direct-trac.

RP Rekha P Syncfusion Team April 2, 2009 12:31 PM UTC

Hi Peter,

Thank you for the update.

Thanks,
Rekha

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon