We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. (Last updated on: November 16, 2018).
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.
Syncfusion Feedback

JQuery .dialog() conflict

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

80373 Apr 1,2009 10:24 AM UTC Oct 24,2013 10:02 AM UTC ASP.NET Web Forms (Classic) 4
Tags: GridGroupingControl
Administrator [Syncfusion]
Asked On April 1, 2009 10:24 AM UTC

Hi guys,

I've included your GridGroupingControl on my site, and it appears that it's now conflicting with the JQuery UI's .Dialog(). Firebug informs me that jQuery('#foo').dialog() is not a function (whereas before I added your control it was).

I've attempted to resolve this through using the jQuery.noConflict, and providing it with an alias, but it makes no difference.

Any ideas, or ways to resolve this conflict would be much appreciated!

Adam

Administrator [Syncfusion]
Replied On April 1, 2009 02:35 PM UTC

I should clarify, we've not actually bought your product yet! We just have the (30 day?) trial.
Buying it is dependent on whether we can get it to be included easily with our existing solution.

Rekha P [Syncfusion]
Replied On April 2, 2009 09:13 AM UTC

Hi Adam,

Thank you for evaluating Syncfusion Products.

I am able to reproduce the issue reported by you. The Shared.Web assembly is shipped with jQuery 1.2.6 version, since dialog() is available in the latest jQuery version 1.3.2 and hence this issue arises.

To resolve this issue, we would suggest you to add the latest jQuery 1.3.2 reference after the GridGroupingControl is loaded and this will overwrite the previous version.

Please refer the sample below which illustrates the above.

http://files.syncfusion.com/support/GGC.Web/7.1.0.30/F80373/main.htm

Please let me know if you have any concerns.

Thanks,
Rekha

Ankesh Suresh Maradia
Replied On October 11, 2013 09:40 AM UTC

Hi,

The link specified showing the resolution is not opening.

I am facing similar issue with jquery facnbox (1.3.4).

Can you provide the resolution?

Thanks,

Ankesh

Alan Sangeeth S [Syncfusion]
Replied On October 24, 2013 10:02 AM UTC

Hi Ankesh,

Thanks for using Syncfusion Product,

Your issue with Fancybox has been resolved. The issue has been raised because of the Jquery script loading from Grid. To avoid this issue we suggest you to set "SFJqueryLoad" to be false in appsettings. Please refer the below code Snippet,
[Web.config]
<configuration>
<appSettings>
<add key="SFJqueryLoad" value="false"/>
</appSettings>
</configuration>

For your convenience we have created a sample and the same can be downloaded from the below link.

http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/directtrac/114284/CustomSkinWeb-1304894209.zip

Please let us know if you need any assistance.

Regards,
Alan Sangeeth S

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

Warning Icon You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.Close Icon

;