We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Get seires data point on mouse hover

Hi,

I am trying to get the value from a series when the mouse pointer moves over certain area. I want to be able to show the current values as the pointer moves over different parts of the series.

I tried the examples and some posts in the forum but none seems to solve my problem.

Regards,
Saad

7 Replies

PJ Pavithra J Syncfusion Team April 1, 2009 01:36 PM UTC

Hi Saad,

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products.

Please make use of the sample from the below given link in which when you touches the series with the mouse pointer a tooltip will be opened which shows the BindingPathX and the BindingPathsY value of the series.

Line and Spline Tooltip sample

Please let us know if you have further queries and also if require a sample for finding each and every point on the series.

Regards,
Pavithra.J

DH Dale Haessel April 1, 2009 05:52 PM UTC

That is the data point, but I want the interpolated value on the line (aka, I hover over a point between lines, I want the interpolated value).

>Hi Saad,

Please make use of the sample from the below given link in which when you touches the series with the mouse pointer a tooltip will be opened which shows the BindingPathX and the BindingPathsY value of the series.

Line and Spline Tooltip sample

Please let us know if you have further queries and also if require a sample for finding each and every point on the series.

Regards,
Pavithra.J

SA Saad April 2, 2009 07:22 AM UTC

Yes, I was looking for the same. I want the X and Y values of the series on the point the mouse is hovered.

Seems like this is not possible.

/Saad

SA Saad April 2, 2009 07:24 AM UTC

Just to add, I am using a StackingArea chart.

PJ Pavithra J Syncfusion Team April 2, 2009 10:15 AM UTC

Hi Saad,

As far as your requirement is on showing each and every point on a series of a StackingArea Chart, we have created a sample on it. You can download the sample from the below given link,

Series Hover Point

Here, we have used annotations to display the mouse hover points.

The below given lines inside the Series.MouseMove will help to get the exact mouse-hover point.

Point pt = e.MouseEventArgs.GetPosition(chart1.Areas[0]);
double x = Math.Truncate(chart1.Areas[0].PointToValue(chart1.Areas[0].PrimaryAxis, pt));
double y = Math.Truncate(chart1.Areas[0].PointToValue(chart1.Areas[0].SecondaryAxis, pt));

Please let us know if you have further queries.

Regards,
Pavithra.J

SA Saad April 3, 2009 03:25 PM UTC

Thank you very much for the prompt reply but this still doesn't solve my problem completely.

Please consider the following:

1. The X-Axis on my chart has DateTime values so I would like the annotations to display date/time.

2. When there are multiple series stacked on top of each other, displaying the actual value of each series is more meaningful rather then displaying the accumulated value. What I need here is the actual value of a series under the mouse pointer.

Thanks,
Saad

PJ Pavithra J Syncfusion Team April 6, 2009 01:18 PM UTC

Hi Saad,

Please make use of the attached sample for reference in which we used two StackingArea Chart and make use of annotations to show the Series Data while performing Mouse Hover action.

StackingArea Sample with MouseHover Points

Please let us know if you have further queries.

Regards,
Pavithra.J

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon