We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

wpf chart performance

Hello,

I am currently evaluating wpf charting component. Its capabilities exactly match our needs, yet performance issues with relatively small amount of data to display renders it totaly unusable for us.

In example project attached, I have created test project, which demonstrates our issues. We are adding series to chart in codebehind, number of values added to chart can be varied. When adding ~200 values to the chart, chart hardly manages to render itself, and UI becomes totaly unresponsive as CPU is constantly at 100%.

Am I missing something/doeing something wrong? 200 does not seem much to me - considering CPU power of computers nowadays, at least 10000 values on chart should be supported.

Thank you in advance!

Simon Jesenko

SyncFusionChartTest_47b83883.zip

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 27, 2009 09:44 AM UTC

Hi Simon,

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion Products.

As you expect our chart control is capable of plotting 10,000 points with good performance.

"StepLine chart lags in performance when huge points are plotted" is a known issue and it has been fixed in our latest source.

As per our company policy we don't provide defect fix related information in Forum. Since the Forum is considered as a discussion venue for developers and not the primary source for support you can use your Direct Trac account for our further assistance.

In the meantime, you could try using other types such as line or FastLine.

Please let us know if you have further queries.

Regards,
K. Saradha Devi

SJ Simon Jesenko March 27, 2009 05:19 PM UTC

FastLine worked very fast, Line performance was also satisfactory, so if issue with StepLine will be fixed in upcoming releases or can be fixed already by downloading some development build, we have no more problems here.

Thank you for your assistance!

Simon Jesenko

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 30, 2009 02:21 PM UTC

Simon,

Yes, this has been fixed in our latest development build. StepLine and other chart types performance is much better in our 7.2 development build.

We will send you the download instructions with the install key by email.

Regards,
Praveen

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon