We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Area graph with scrollbar,100,000 points

Hi ,

I am currently evaluating Syncfusion WPF chart controls.my requirement is as follows
I have totally about 100,000 points.

Since it is difficult to visualize all the points,

First i would like to display about 500 points
Scroll bar should appear and i should be able to scroll to the remaining points.Please let me know how to accomplish this

Looking forward to an early reply
Regards
Rakesh

WpfApplicationSyncFusion_3e2dd279.zip

8 Replies

RP Ramesh Praveen Syncfusion Team March 25, 2009 03:55 PM UTC

Rakesh,

Thanks for the sample, we will update it to make it run in the most optimal way. We will get back to you shortly.

Praveen
Syncfusion

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 25, 2009 04:07 PM UTC

Rakesh,

Alternatively, would you be interested in showing a "compressed" view of the 100,000 points? This would be really fast, just a couple of secs.

When setup like this, if the chart width is 500px for example, then 200 points will be compressed into 1 (either average or high value which can be configurable) and that way the whole range of points will be visible in a single view, but "compressed".

We can send you a sample, if you are interested.

Thanks
Praveen

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 26, 2009 06:19 PM UTC

Rakesh,

Please take a look at the attached sample. Here the chart is bound to a list of size 100,000. But, since the width of the chart has much fewer pixels, it automatically compresses them (averaing the y values) and renders the resultant points in a very readable manner.

Performance is instantaneous too.

We are still trying to improve your original requirement of being able to scroll through the chart, we will get back to you soon regarding that.

Praveen

HugeDataSource_DynamicallyCompressed_f36a59c0.zip

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 1, 2009 03:33 PM UTC

Rakesh,

Unfortunately, it seems like there is no way to show 100,000 points in the Chart without any compression techniques mentioned in the above update.

We will continue to work on improving the performance of the Chart and will update you when we have something that will work with so many points.

Regards,
Praveen
Syncfusion

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 2, 2009 06:06 PM UTC

Rakesh,

We actually had a breakthrough. We made some changes in our source to accomodate binding the chart to a 100,000 point source.

The idea is to set the range on the chart to begin with as (0, 10,000). Then the user uses a Slider outside the chart to change this range to (10K, 20K), (20K, 30K), etc. to view any 10K points at a time.

We will email you this sample with the custom dlls shortly.

Regards,
Praveen
Syncfusion

RR Rakesh Ramachandran April 3, 2009 11:13 AM UTC

Thanks Praveen for your reply.I look forward to view your solution
Regards
Rakesh

>Rakesh,

We actually had a breakthrough. We made some changes in our source to accomodate binding the chart to a 100,000 point source.

The idea is to set the range on the chart to begin with as (0, 10,000). Then the user uses a Slider outside the chart to change this range to (10K, 20K), (20K, 30K), etc. to view any 10K points at a time.

We will email you this sample with the custom dlls shortly.

Regards,
Praveen
Syncfusion

AJ Abhishek Joshi July 14, 2010 07:47 AM UTC

Is scrollbar supoort added in the latest version or we still need to use a similar workaround? Can you post the sample for that?

PI Poorani Idhaya Bala M.A Syncfusion Team July 16, 2010 06:09 AM UTC

Hi Abhishek,

Thanks for choosing Syncfusion Products.

You can enable the scroll bar by setting the zoom factor value of the primary axis.Please find the attached sample.

To get better performance we can use the external scroll bar.For more information , please refer the "External Scroll bar Demo" sample in our dash board.

Chart Samples-->Chart Performance-->External Scroll bar Demo

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Poorani

ScrollBarSample_c1abfcf.zip

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon