We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Multi Series charts.

hello;
I have a unique solution I need to create. I have a series of data points that I am binding with the databinder.

if the number of points < 80 I need to show them as one series.

if they are greater than 160 then I need to show them as 2 series.

if they are greater than 240 then I need to show them as 3 series.

else show them as 4 series.

here is the catch; I have to show the series on the same chart with the Xaxis for each series vertically spaced so as to get 4 graphs in one depending on the amount of data points. I am updating the binding list as data is updated from a separate process.

any ideas how to do this. I kinda need it pretty quick.

thanks

-Peter

3 Replies

MS Manimala S Syncfusion Team March 19, 2009 02:08 PM UTC

Hi Peter,

You can do this in the following way:

First get the number of rows in the dataset.

If the number of rows is less than 80 then you can run a for loop where you add the first 80 values in the dataset as a datapoints.

Create another ChartSeries.And if the number of series is greater than 160 then fetch the corresponding values from dataset and add it to the newly created chart series. Similarly for the last case also.

Kindly, let me know if you have problem in doing this.

Thanks,
Manimala.

PD peter drozd April 9, 2009 03:48 PM UTC

The prolem is that I need to have a stacked view that changes to look like 4 charts depending on the number of data points.

It needs to scale from 1 --> 4 for a total of 315 data points max Times for series. and then these are either divided on different axises at different y values or need to have 1 --> 4 charts. the problem is that with a fast mouse over to get values, the charts bog out and grind to snail pace to be able to see the updates or even resize the parent form.

all this data comes from a singleton that provides data from somewhere else in the application.

for some reason I may not have the email setup right on this forum because do not seem to be getting emailed when there is a response to a post.

I appreciate any help. thanks.
-Peter

>Hi Peter,

If the number of rows is less than 80 then you can run a for loop where you add the first 80 values in the dataset as a datapoints.

Create another ChartSeries.And if the number of series is greater than 160 then fetch the corresponding values from dataset and add it to the newly created chart series. Similarly for the last case also.

Thanks,
Manimala.

Barcharts6_33b0a7d8.zip

PD peter drozd April 9, 2009 03:52 PM UTC

Better graphic snapshot of what I need.
thanks
-peter

>The prolem is that I need to have a stacked view that changes to look like 4 charts depending on the number of data points.

It needs to scale from 1 --> 4 for a total of 315 data points max Times for series. and then these are either divided on different axises at different y values or need to have 1 --> 4 charts. the problem is that with a fast mouse over to get values, the charts bog out and grind to snail pace to be able to see the updates or even resize the parent form.

all this data comes from a singleton that provides data from somewhere else in the application.

for some reason I may not have the email setup right on this forum because do not seem to be getting emailed when there is a response to a post.

I appreciate any help. thanks.
-Peter

>Hi Peter,

Thanks,
Manimala.

Barcharts6_33b0a7d8.zip

bars stacked_d822e4ea.zip

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon