We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

ComboBoxBarItem doesn't work sideways?

I have a xpmenus.comboboxbaritem on a xpmenus.bar, for an xpmenus.barmanager, and when the user drags the toolbar to the side of the screen, all of the regular xpmenus.baritems and an xpmenus.parentbaritem all rotate fine, except the xpmenus.comboxboxbar just vanishes. Is it not supposed to work or is this a problem? If its a problem, does anyone else have this problem? I'm using 1.5.2

7 Replies

AS Arun Srinivasan Syncfusion Team October 16, 2003 05:02 PM UTC

Hi Steve, Yes, the ComboboxBarItem in XPMenus will not be visible when the Bar is rotated and aligned on the side. There is no support for this scenario and hence it is not something only you are experiencing. Regards, Arun

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 16, 2003 05:07 PM UTC

Is there any way to prevent the user from docking the bar sideways?

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 16, 2003 05:20 PM UTC

Also, can I disable the right-click to enable/disable individual toolbars?

AS Arun Srinivasan Syncfusion Team October 16, 2003 06:35 PM UTC

Hi Steve 1. You can control this by setting the Bar's BarStyle property. Uncheck the DrawDragBorder checkbox in the BarStyle property dropdown. 2. To prevent users from Customizing by right clicking, you need to set the EnableCustomizing property in the MainFrameBarManager to false. Regards, Arun

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 16, 2003 07:44 PM UTC

Sorry, I don't think you understood the question. EnableCustomizing is *already* set to False, but I want to disable the right-click menu altogether so that the users can't *hide* my toolbars. Mainly because the toolbar is essential and there is no means to get it back once it is hidden, and secondly because if the user right clicks and then clicks off the menu, it KILLS my form. I've actually noticed this with all of the syncfusion popup menus, where if you click off of them, it throws an exception. When I'm popping up the menus myself, I just catch this exception so its not a big deal, but obviously you guys just aren't catching your own exception for that popup, and as a result its sending an error back into the form that I can't intercept, which kills the form.

AS Arun Srinivasan Syncfusion Team October 16, 2003 08:13 PM UTC

Hi Steve, I will look into that and update this posting. In the mean time, I have sent you download instructions to Essential Suite version 1.6.1.6 as the version you are using is pretty old. I was unable to reproduce the exceptions due to the popups that you are referring to. Regards, Arun

AS Arun Srinivasan Syncfusion Team October 17, 2003 12:46 PM UTC

Hi Steve The following Essential Suite KB Article addresses this issue: How do I prevent the user from modifying the visibility of a particular toolbar Regards, Arun

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon