We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

column alignment in GGC ''s nested table

hi, guys,
say two nested table, one is parent, one is child.

how can I easily align childtable's third column (more) to parenttable's Newly added col (say, the same name as child table's) ?
looks like the whole look&feel like Tree-Grid.
or there are some other easier way to do so.. example ...

second question: what about the newly added col in parent is Virtual column ?

david

1 Reply

NA Nisha Arockiya A Syncfusion Team March 4, 2009 01:23 PM UTC

Hi David,

Thanks for your interest in syncfusion Products.

Query 1:

how can I easily align childtable's third column (more) to parenttable's Newly added col

Frozen Column concept can be used to synchronise the Parent column with Child column.

for (int n = 0; n <= freezeCol; n++)
parentToChildRelationDescriptor.ChildTableDescriptor.Columns[n].TrackWidthOfParentColumn = gridGroupingControl1.TableDescriptor.Columns[n].Name;

When freezing columns you have to make sure that the frozen columns in the nested tables are properly aligned with the parent table. The grid does not support diffent scroll divider x-coordinates for nested tables. The only exception to this rule is if you turn off freezing columns for all nested tables by setting/leaving ChildTableDescriptor.FrozenColumn = ""; (empty string) all together. The TrackWidthOfParentColumn propetry of a column descriptor ensures that columns are aligned and stay in sync.

Query 2:
what about the newly added col in parent is Virtual column ?

Could you please provide more information on this issue?

Let me know if this serve your needs.

Regards,
Nisha.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon