We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Autocomplete Dropdown''s SelectedItem property

Hi,
In my project I have used one autocomplete control named "cmbRelationship".The functionality of this control is that on change of its selected item the below mentioned handler gets called.In this handler I check whether the SelectedItem is null or not and if its not null,I call another method which populates another dropdown.Now issue is that if I change the selection of "cmbRelationship" with the mouse in the below mentioned handler "cmbRelationship.SelectedItem" shows some value and there by I can call the LoadBODetails method but if I expand the auto complete dropdown and type something and then pick up the first/second selection and with down arrow and hit enter,cmbRelationship.SelectedItem property shows null in the below event handler which I did not expect.

private void cmbRelationship_AutoCompleteControl_AutoCompleteItemSelected(object sender, Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.AutoCompleteItemEventArgs args)
{
try
{
boRetrieve = false;
if (firstTime)
{
if(cmbRelationship.SelectedItem != null)
LoadBODetails(((Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.AutoCompleteItem)(cmbRelationship.SelectedItem)).ItemArray[0].ToString());
}
}
catch (Exception e2)
{
MessageBox.Show("Please Select Beneficial Owner","Message");
}
}

Can anybody please look into this issue asap?

Thanks & Regards,
Subrata Das

1 Reply

RC Rajadurai C Syncfusion Team March 4, 2009 04:09 PM UTC

Hi Subrata,

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products.

To get the selected value in cell, please try to set the selected value from the autocompletedropdown as cellvalue in dropdownclosing event.

Please let me know if this helps. If not, please provide a minimal sample showing issue with the used property settings.

Regards,
Rajadurai

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon