We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Is It possible to Draw BarCode using 5.1.1.47 Version in PDF

Hi,
Is it possible to draw Barcode in PDF using 5.1.1.47 version.

At Persent PDf in Syncfusion 5.1.1.47 IPDFGraphics doe not implement the following method which is implemented by Graphics class

g.MeasureString(curString, valueRect.Size, fieldValuePDFStringFormat, out charsFitted, out linesFilled)

Is It possible to You add the above Method to IPDFGraphics .

I am testing You are product if it meets our requriment we would like to buy the product.

5 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 26, 2009 07:23 AM UTC

Hi,
Any can help ?
Is it possible to draw Barcode in PDF using 5.1.1.47 version.

At Persent PDf in Syncfusion 5.1.1.47 IPDFGraphics does not implement the following method which is implemented by Graphics class

g.MeasureString(curString, valueRect.Size, fieldValuePDFStringFormat, out charsFitted, out linesFilled)

Is It possible to You add the above Method to IPDFGraphics . Is there any alternative methods provide by Syncfusion.

Syncfusion 5.1.1.47 supporst unicode characters?

I tried to draw text using DrawMultiText but it could not able to print or write please go through the below code.

PDFDocument doc = new PDFDocument();
IPDFPage page = doc.Pages[0];
IPDFFont font = new Font("Arial",12);
IPDFGraphicState ti = doc.CreateGraphicState();
ti.TextAlignment = TextAlignment.Right;
RectnagleF rectF = new RectangleF(0,20,436,page.DrawingHeight);
doc.Graphics.DrawMultiText(rectF,"SyncfusionTesting"font,ti)
but when change the Rectangle Height
i.e rectF = new RectangleF(0,20,436,page.DrawingHeight-50)
then it is displaying text or Writting Text.Why?

I am testing You are product if it meets our requriment we would like to buy the licensed software.

GM Geetha M Syncfusion Team February 26, 2009 05:31 PM UTC

Hi Minnu,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

From version 5.2 (next version of v5.1), Essential PDF is completely re-written and so the previous versions of PDF is not supported. I recommend you to use our new PDF and you can check our latest version Essential Studio 2009 Volume 1 in the forum thread linked below:
http://www.syncfusion.com/support/forums/message.aspx?MessageID=79036

Also you can check our online samples in the link below:
http://samples.syncfusion.com/ASPNET/7.1.0.21/Web/pdf.web/samples/3.5/Default.aspx

You can find the BarCode sample here.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,
Geetha

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 27, 2009 01:11 PM UTC

Hi Geetha,

Thanks for quick reply is there any alternative methods which meets the functionality of below method.

g.MeasureString(fieldValue, fieldValueFont, layoutArea,fieldValueStringFormat, out charsFitted, out linesFilled);

This method returns no.of characters fits the
layout area and lines.

But in Syncfusion 5.1.1.47 version does not have or support for the above method is there any way to achieve the above functionality with the syncfusion 5.1.1.47.we would like to take license if the present version supports the above functionality

Regards
Minnu

GM Geetha M Syncfusion Team March 2, 2009 01:38 PM UTC

Hi,

Thank you for the details.

I am working on this and will get back to you tomorrow.

Regards,
Geetha

SS Sri Subhashini M Syncfusion Team March 5, 2009 09:11 AM UTC

Hi Minnu,

Sorry for the long delay in getting back with you.

1. Measuring Text

We can calculate the size of the text by using the method MeasureString() in PdfFont class. Kindly use the below codes to measure the size of the text,

PdfFont font = new PdfStandardFont(PdfFontFamily.Helvetica, 8);
SizeF size = font.MeasureString(footerText);

Please do find the sample which demonstrates the above mentioned features and let me know if this helps,

http://www.syncfusion.com/uploads/redirect.aspx?file=79767_Sample_7330c226.zip&team=support

Regards,
Suba

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon