We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Copy and paste hierarchial grid data

Hey there,

I have a grouping grid control that I am using to display a listing of possible Departments. Under each Department there can be zero to many items added. I would like to have it so that if the user attempts to copy the contents of the grid that it will copy the information as it is currently shown.

That is, if all the Departments are collapsed then a copy & paste will simply result in a listing of all Departments.

If one or more of the Departments are expanded and items are being shown then a copy & paste will result in a listing of all Departments with the items from the expanded Departments being include in the appropriate spots.

The best that I have managed is to get the Department listing to copy. But if I expand any of them and display their items, the resulting copy & paste gives me a listing of Departments but where the items should be I only get blank lines.

I’ve tried searching the forums but to no avail.

Any advice you may have would be greatly appreciated.

B

5 Replies

JJ Jisha Joy Syncfusion Team February 25, 2009 12:00 PM UTC

Hi Brian,

Please refer the browser sample in the following location that is shipped with our products.

..\\My Documents\Syncfusion\EssentialStudio\{version}\Windows\Grid.Grouping.Windows\Samples\2.0\FeaturedSamples\CutCopyPasteSample\cs

This sample allows you to perform cut, copy and paste operations with an hierarchical GridGroupingControl. In this sample, the gridgroupingcontrol is bound to an hierarchical dataset comprising of two tables. A Context Menu is associated with the grouping grid to enable the required clipboard operations.

Thank you for using Syncfusion Products.

Regards,
Jisha

BR Brian R February 25, 2009 07:23 PM UTC

I don't appear to have the sample that you mentioned. I'm using 4.2 if that has any baring.

I did look through what samples I could find and was not able to locate what I need.

JJ Jisha Joy Syncfusion Team February 27, 2009 08:53 AM UTC

Hi Brian,

I have uploaded the sample here. Please refer the sample and let me know if this helps.

cs.zip

Thank you for using Syncfusion products.

Regards,
Jisha

BR Brian R February 27, 2009 06:58 PM UTC

Hi,

I tried downloading the sample from the link you provided but the link is broken.

B

JJ Jisha Joy Syncfusion Team February 28, 2009 04:54 AM UTC

Hi Brian,

Sorry for the broken link. Please use the following link:

http://www.syncfusion.com/uploads/redirect.aspx?file=cs_3e406bcf.zip&team=support

Regards,
Jisha

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon