We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

DockingManager caption buttons padding

Hi -
is there any way to increase the padding between the caption buttons when adding custom buttons to the docking manager?
We are on version 5.2.0.25
Thanks,
Julie

5 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 3, 2009 01:04 PM UTC

Hi Julie,

Thank you for using Syncfusion products.

Currently the feature 'Support for increase the padding between the caption buttons ' is not available in the library.

Please let me know if any concern.

Regards,
Jaya

JL Julie Levy March 4, 2009 06:30 PM UTC

Thanks.
One more question. I am not able to get tooltips to show up on the caption buttons using the regular or supertooltip (with EnableSuperTooltip turned on).

Is this linked to using the default style?
Thanks,
Julie

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 5, 2009 01:15 PM UTC

Hi Julie,

Thanks for the update.

SuperTooltip on CaptionButtons

Please make sure that you have set the property SuperTooltip of dockingManager to superTooltip component.

Please refer the sample below that displays supertooltip of captionbutton in Office2007Style.

http://files.syncfusion.com/support/Tools.Windows/5.2.0.25/F79755/Tools_WF_Docking_SuperTooltip.zip

Please let me know if this helps you.

Regards,
Jaya

JL Julie Levy March 5, 2009 09:40 PM UTC

Hi -
Thanks for your response.
However, what i want is to add a tooltip to a custom caption button, not a built-in one. Also, the style we use is Default.

In general though, i can't get any tooltips to show up (super or regular) when i have ShowTooltips set to true as well as EnableSuperTooltip set to true. The properties i set in our derived DockingManager class are below. Am i missing something?

this.ActiveCaptionBackground = new Syncfusion.Drawing.BrushInfo( System.Drawing.Color.White );
this.ActiveCaptionFont = new System.Drawing.Font( "Arial", 8.25F, System.Drawing.FontStyle.Regular );
this.ActiveCaptionForeGround = System.Drawing.Color.Black;
this.AllowTabsMoving = false;
this.AutoHideTabHeight = 18;
this.AutoHideTabFont = new System.Drawing.Font( "Arial", 8.25F, System.Drawing.FontStyle.Regular );
this.BorderColor = System.Drawing.Color.Black;
this.CloseEnabled = false;
this.DisallowFloating = true;
this.DockLabelAlignment = SFTools.DockLabelAlignmentStyle.Left;

this.DockTabFont = new System.Drawing.Font( "Arial", 8.25F );
this.DockTabHeight =18;
this.EnableContextMenu = false;
this.ForwardMenuShortcuts = false;
this.FullCaptionsInAutoHideMode = true;
this.MenuButtonEnabled = false;
this.EnableSuperToolTip = true;
this.SetAutoHideButtonToolTip("AutoHide");

this.InActiveCaptionBackground = new Syncfusion.Drawing.BrushInfo( System.Drawing.Color.White );
this.InActiveCaptionFont = new System.Drawing.Font( "Arial", 8.25F, System.Drawing.FontStyle.Regular );
this.InActiveCaptionForeGround = System.Drawing.Color.Black;
this.VisualStyle = Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.VisualStyle.Default;
this.EnableDoubleClickOnCaption = true;
this.ShowToolTips = true;

Thanks,
Julie

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 6, 2009 11:41 AM UTC

Hi Julie,

Thanks for the update.

If you want to display regular tooltip for the captionbuttons , the property EnableSuperToolTip must be set to false. Please do this change in your custom dockingmanager and let me know if you are able to see regular tooltip for the captionbuttons.

If you want to display SuperTooltip for the captionbuttons , set the property EnableSuperToolTip of dockingmanager to true and set SuperTooltip text for all the captionbuttons and assign the Supertooltip component to the dockingmanager.

Please let me know if this helps you.

Regards,
Jaya
jaya

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon