We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Docking Manager Error

Hi,

I am using
Syncfusion 7.1.0.21
.NET Framework - 2.0
Visual Studio - 2008.

I am evaluating the latest Syncfusion version 7.1.0.21 to migrate our application which is using the old version(4.4.0.51). I use DockingManager and Tabbed MDI manager in our application to dock forms. If I use the DragProviderStyle as "VS2005" or "VS2008" in the latest version, I am getting exception in certain scenarios. I am handling Dock Visibility and Dock State changed events. Also I remove the dock controls in the form closing event. I have attached the sample. Kindly do the following steps to reproduce the error.

1. Run the TestDockingManager application.
2. Clikc the menu "File-> New Form".
3. This will open a new form(TestForm) and will be docked in the docking manager(Tab).
4. Right click on the form in the title bar(TestForm) and choose Dockable option.
5. The form will be docked to the left corner. Click on the title bar of the TestForm and drag it(Arrows will appear as on VS) and dock in the bottom pane.
6. Now double click on the TestForm so that its docked out and appears in the centre.
7. Now close the Main Form and it will throw a ArgumentOutOfRangeException in form closing event handler.

This error occurs only when the DragProviderStyle is either VS2005 or VS2008. Kindly let me know how this problem can be fixed or is this a known issue?

-Rohith

TestDockingManager_24c33c3a.zip

1 Reply

FS Fathima Shalini P Syncfusion Team February 25, 2009 11:53 AM UTC

Hi Rohith,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion Products.

I am able to reproduce the mentioned issue with the sample you have sent. But I am glad to inform you that the above issue has been fixed internally with our source. Please find the video clip that illustrates this:

http://files.syncfusion.com/support/Tools.Windows/7.1.0.21/53857/VideoReference.zip

Could please let me know whether you need a patch fixing this version in 7.1.0.21?

Please let me know if any concerns.

Regards,
Fathima

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon