We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Changing header row size for child table.

Hi All,

I am looking for the below things.Can someone please advise.

1. How to change the child's table header row size.
2. How to apply a conditional formatting on just the cell that meets the criteria and not the entire row.eg we can have a conditional format but it allows only to change the appearance of anyrecord field cell.Whereas i am more interedted in doing just for the cell that meets the filter criteria.
3. on disable the cells for editing i am not able to navigate through columns using right/left arrow key.I would ideally like the grid to be not editable but still be able to navigate through the cells.

Any help will be really appreciated.

Many thanks.
Gurtaran

1 Reply

JJ Jisha Joy Syncfusion Team February 23, 2009 06:25 AM UTC

Hi Gurtaran,

Issue 1: Row Height

By default resizing of individual rows is not supported in GridGroupingControl. But the desired behavior can be achieved by using a CustomEngine. Please refer the following sample in our sample browser
..\\My Documents\Syncfusion\EssentialStudio\{version number}\Windows\Grid.Grouping.Windows\Samples\2.0\FeaturedSamples\ResizableRows\cs

This sample demonstrates the features of re-sizing individual rows in the grid. It also illustrates how to implement the "IGridRowHeight" interface and it's routines for getting and setting row heights for elements.

Issue 2: Apply styles to individual cells

In GridGroupingControl you need to handle either QueryCellStyleInfo or PrepareViewStyleInfo for applying styles at cell level. Please see the code:

this.gridGroupingControl1.QueryCellStyleInfo += new Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.Grouping.GridTableCellStyleInfoEventHandler(gridGroupingControl1_QueryCellStyleInfo);
this.gridGroupingControl1.TableControl.PrepareViewStyleInfo += new GridPrepareViewStyleInfoEventHandler(TableControl_PrepareViewStyleInfo);

void TableControl_PrepareViewStyleInfo(object sender, GridPrepareViewStyleInfoEventArgs e)
{
if(e.RowIndex== 5 && e.ColIndex==30
e.Style.BackColor = Color.Green;
}

void gridGroupingControl1_QueryCellStyleInfo(object sender, Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.Grouping.GridTableCellStyleInfoEventArgs e)
{
if (e.TableCellIdentity.ColIndex == 2 && e.TableCellIdentity.RowIndex == 5)
e.Style.BackColor = Color.Red;
}

Issue 3: The grid to be not editable but still be able to navigate through the cells.

This can be achieved by using the following code snippets.

this.gridGroupingControl1.TableDescriptor.AllowEdit = false;
this.gridGroupingControl1.TableDescriptor.AllowNew = false;

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,
Jisha

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon