We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

SelectionEvent is firing upto 6 times when I move from one cell to another cell

When I moving from one cell to another cell, the SelectionChanged event is getting fired upto 6 times. What might be the reason for this?

Apart from this event, some more events are attached to the grid. This is causing usability issue to the end user

3 Replies

NA Nisha Arockiya A Syncfusion Team February 18, 2009 12:51 PM UTC

Hi Premchand,

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion Products.

I have prepared a sample with SelectionChanged event that triggers when moving from one cell to another cell, but I could not able to reproduce the issue of 'SelectionEvent is firing upto 6 times when I move from one cell to another cell'. Please refer to the following sample.

Sample:
http://websamples.syncfusion.com//samples/Grid.Windows/Development/GC_F79609.zip

Could you please let me know the reproducing steps for the issue??

Please let me know if this helps.

Regards,
Nisha.

PR premchand February 19, 2009 05:04 PM UTC

Hi Nisha

I am attaching a CS file which derives from GridControl. In this file we are using SyncFusion Grid Control.

Copy this file to your WinForms CSproj file and from the Tool box, drag and drop GridControl CEE_GridControl. I have attached CEE_GridControl_SelectionChanged. Just put the break point and navigate the cells. You will be seeing that you will hit the break point 3 times when I navigate the cells using the key board.

I have commented lot other events from this C# file. I think some other event in the same file is casuing this event to fire again and again.

-Premchand

>Hi Premchand,

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion Products.

I have prepared a sample with SelectionChanged event that triggers when moving from one cell to another cell, but I could not able to reproduce the issue of 'SelectionEvent is firing upto 6 times when I move from one cell to another cell'. Please refer to the following sample.

Sample:
http://websamples.syncfusion.com//samples/Grid.Windows/Development/GC_F79609.zip

Could you please let me know the reproducing steps for the issue??

Please let me know if this helps.

Regards,
Nisha.

CEE-GridControl_419a7bc1.zip

JJ Jisha Joy Syncfusion Team February 20, 2009 11:31 AM UTC

Hi Premchand,

I am afraid I was not able to see the issue of SelectionChanging event is firing 3 times. But I could able to see that it is firing two times. This is by design. The selections are cleared completely and selected again for the next cell while navigating through cells.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,
Jisha

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon