We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Decimal Alignment

VS Studio 2005
VB.Net
Essential PDF v.4.4

How does one align on decimal points?

4 Replies

BP Bhuvaneswari P Syncfusion Team February 16, 2009 01:40 PM UTC

Hi Martin,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

I am not sure about requirement clearly. Could you please provide some more details whether you are using Flow model or Grid model? We have stopped support for Flow model and Grid model everything is points based.

Please provide more information and code snippet and what’s your expected output. This would be very helpful for us to understand and provide a solution.

Best Regards,
Bhuvana

MG Marty Graham February 17, 2009 05:00 PM UTC

Greeting,

Would you figure I'd use the none supported grid model. I need a method that in word processing would be called a decimal tabs.
Numeric values are aligned on the decimal point.

Example:
XXXXXX #.## ##.##%
XXXXXX ##.## #.##%
XXXXXX ###.## ##.##%
XXXXXX ####.## ##.##%
XXXXXX ###.## #.33%

>Hi Martin,

I am not sure about requirement clearly. Could you please provide some more details whether you are using Flow model or Grid model? We have stopped support for Flow model and Grid model everything is points based.

Please provide more information and code snippet and what’s your expected output. This would be very helpful for us to understand and provide a solution.

Best Regards,
Bhuvana

MG Marty Graham February 18, 2009 07:07 AM UTC

>Greeting,

Would you figure I'd use the none supported grid model. I need a method that in word processing would be called a decimal tabs.
Numeric values are aligned on the decimal point.

Example:
XXXXXX #.## ##.##%
XXXXXX ##.## #.##%
XXXXXX ###.## ##.##%
XXXXXX ####.## ##.##%
XXXXXX ###.## #.##%

>Hi Martin,

Best Regards,
Bhuvana

Currently the form is in flow model. I would like it but if nessary I can rewrite it in gride3e model. This must be very hard to do seeing the received message looks nothing like I sent. This really hot to hard ot imagin. In need the column of numbers aligned on the decimal point. I will try this again.

Center column of numbers aligned on the decimal.
This column sould be align on the decimal. It was prior to submiszsion.

The line is formated correctly in the immediate window, just numbers and spaces, pdf seems to just put in radom number of spaces.

Best Regards

BP Bhuvaneswari P Syncfusion Team February 18, 2009 11:36 AM UTC

Hi Martin,

We don't have direct option to set the cell number format. However, it can be possible by using the .NET string format to set the format. Please refers to the below code for number format and for the cell alignment in Grid Model:

//Set the Right to left property for the cell
cell.Value = String.Format("{0:n2}",10.124322);
cell.Properties.Alignment = TextAlignment.Center;
//cell.Properties.VerticalAlignment = LineAlignment.Top;

Please refers to the below sample which illustrate above said feature:

http://www.syncfusion.com/uploads/redirect.aspx?file=Column_Alignment_cacc8dbd.zip&team=support

Table feature in Grid Model Preview table:

http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/user/uploads/TableFeatures_f466034a.zip

Please try this and let us know if this helps you.

Best Regards,
Bhuvana

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon