We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

node move event

Which event is fired when we move a node in the diagram?
I tried to use PinPointChanging and PinPointChanged but they did not work.

((DocumentEventSink)model1.EventSink).PinPointChanged += new PinPointChangedEventHandler(MainForm_PinPointChanged);

void MainForm_PinPointChanged(PinPointChangedEventArgs evtArgs)
{
MessageBox.Show("PinpointChanging event is fired" + "" + "Node name: " + evtArgs.NodeAffected.Name.ToString());
}

what could be the problem and is there any other way to detect if any node is moved?

4 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 11, 2009 01:47 PM UTC

I found the reason. if the editstyle of the diagram is disabled, pinpointchanging will not be fired. rotation change, size change etc. all events work but pinpointchanging and pinpointchanged don't.

AM Ajeet M Syncfusion Team February 12, 2009 05:48 AM UTC

Hi lyle,

The pinpointChanged and PinPointChanging event fires whenever a node is moved.

The attached file demonstrates the same.

Let me know if you shall need any further clarifications in this regard.

Happy Coding!
-Ajeet

Diagram_WF_NodeEvents_bbfdf5e8.zip

AM Alexandre Maia replied to Administrator March 2, 2018 07:18 AM UTC

Which event is fired when we move a node in the diagram?
I tried to use PinPointChanging and PinPointChanged but they did not work.

((DocumentEventSink)model1.EventSink).PinPointChanged += new PinPointChangedEventHandler(MainForm_PinPointChanged);

void MainForm_PinPointChanged(PinPointChangedEventArgs evtArgs)
{
MessageBox.Show("PinpointChanging event is fired" + "" + "Node name: " + evtArgs.NodeAffected.Name.ToString());
}

what could be the problem and is there any other way to detect if any node is moved?

I work alone and would like to know if it is necessary to install any specific components on the client?

NG Naganathan Ganesh Babu Syncfusion Team March 5, 2018 10:58 AM UTC

Hi Alexandre, 

Are you trying to use Essential studio components? Please refer following details. 
If you are asking something else, please elaborate. 

Download link: 

Here is the link for installation details of Syncfusion Essential Studio: 

Here is the link for references details of Diagram components in windows form control: 

Regards, 

Naganathan K G 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon