We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Bug in Richtext Node Ctrl-Shift->

Richtext boxes allow you to increment / decrement the selected text by using Control-Shift-> (greater than) and Ctrl-Shift-< (Less than)

However, when you do this in the diagram control crashes it. Version 5x did not crash it, version 6x does..

Error: "value of '-nnn' is not valid for 'SelectionLength'"
where nnn is the number of character you had selected before doing the operation.

This error is only caught in Global application scope error handling, otherwise, the entire app shuts down.

3 Replies

AM Ajeet M Syncfusion Team February 10, 2009 11:29 AM UTC

Hi Eric,

Thanks for this update. I have had logged this as a defect report.

Workaround:
As a temporary solution, you can use the selection of text in the "Forward Direction" and not using "Ctrl+A".

Selecting this way and using the modifier keys to increase or decrease the size works precisely and no exception is thrown.

Let me know if you shall need any further clarifications in this regard.

Happy coding!
- Ajeet

ER Eric Robishaw February 10, 2009 11:15 PM UTC

Interesting. Thanks.

I'll see if I can derive a super class of the RichTextEditor and fix that behavior.

>Hi Eric,

Thanks for this update. I have had logged this as a defect report.

Workaround:
As a temporary solution, you can use the selection of text in the "Forward Direction" and not using "Ctrl+A".

Selecting this way and using the modifier keys to increase or decrease the size works precisely and no exception is thrown.

Let me know if you shall need any further clarifications in this regard.

Happy coding!
- Ajeet

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 9, 2009 05:42 AM UTC

Hi Eric,

The issue you have mentioned has been fixed in the EssentialStudio's latest development build v7.2.0.5.

Please let me know if there are any concerns.

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

Regards,
Dinesh

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon