We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Virtual Grouping Control

Hi,
Is it possible to work with grouping control in virtual mode? Without actual data binding.
And if yes, could you provide an example how to do it?
Thank you,
Alex Feldman.

4 Replies

RC Rajadurai C Syncfusion Team February 13, 2009 03:08 PM UTC

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products.

Sorry for the long delay in getting back to you.

Yes, it is possible to work with gridgroupingcontrol in virtual mode. In virtual mode, no data get actually binded to grid. Please refer to our browser sample GridGroupingSamples->Performance Samples->Engine Optimizations. This sample demonstrates the virtual-mode optimization.

Regards,
Rajadurai

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 13, 2009 10:04 PM UTC

Thank you for your reply,
My initial task is to make the view you could see at the attached picture.
Elements of "primary" grid would be updated frequently. But "nested" grid should also be supported. I don't understand from your example how if possible to implement it.
Could you please answer questions related to "virtual" mode?
Does it support "nested" grid?
Does it support custom paint, row height and column width (similar to VirtualGrid)?
Maybe different syncfusion control (like VirtualGrid) better suitable for my task?
Thank you,
Alex Feldman

View01_419d9cd0.zip

RC Rajadurai C Syncfusion Team February 16, 2009 02:47 PM UTC

Hi Alex,

From the screenshot, it seems you can provide data virtually by implementing a IBindingList. Additionally you can custom format cells using the QueryCellStyleInfo event.

The sample "EngineOptimizations" which i preferred in last update shows use of groupinggrid in virtual mode. The virtual mode, however is followed until there is no change in the records has been made after loading. Once changed, the virtual mode turned off.

The virtual mode in gridgroupingcontrol differs from virtual gridcontrol. The grouping engine needs to be aware of any change in the underlying datasource. If a record value changes, summaries, groups(if implemented) need to be refreshed with the updated data. That’s where using IBindingList and its ListChanged event comes into play.

Please refer to sample in the following path in dashboard that shows how to implement IBindingList and bind it to the GroupingGrid.
Grid.GroupingSamples->CustomCollections->Strong-TypedCollection

Regards,
Rajadurai

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 17, 2009 01:28 PM UTC

Thank you,
I'm going to try to follow you advices.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon