We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

GGC Dropdown width

I have a bound GGC; which has a few dropdowns [Enums in the model].

How do I control the size of the dropdown; I want to make the drop down wider; the columns housing the cells are wide; but the dropdown seems to track the size of the contents.

4 Replies

JJ Jisha Joy Syncfusion Team February 3, 2009 04:10 AM UTC

Hi Sameer,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

You can control the size of the DropDown using the TableControlCurrentCellShowingDropDown. Please refer the code below for more details.

Private Me.gridGroupingControl1.TableControlCurrentCellShowingDropDown += New GridTableControlCurrentCellShowingDropDownEventHandler(AddressOf gridGroupingControl1_TableControlCurrentCellShowingDropDown)

Private Sub gridGroupingControl1_TableControlCurrentCellShowingDropDown(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As GridTableControlCurrentCellShowingDropDownEventArgs)
e.Inner.Size = New Size(400, 200)
End Sub

Please let me know if this helps.
Regards,
Jisha

SK Sameer Khan February 3, 2009 02:12 PM UTC

No; that didnt help me with the width of the drop down.

>Hi Sameer,

You can control the size of the DropDown using the TableControlCurrentCellShowingDropDown. Please refer the code below for more details.

Private Me.gridGroupingControl1.TableControlCurrentCellShowingDropDown += New GridTableControlCurrentCellShowingDropDownEventHandler(AddressOf gridGroupingControl1_TableControlCurrentCellShowingDropDown)

Private Sub gridGroupingControl1_TableControlCurrentCellShowingDropDown(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As GridTableControlCurrentCellShowingDropDownEventArgs)
End Sub

Regards,
Jisha

SK Sameer Khan February 5, 2009 02:04 PM UTC

Hello,

Is there any update on this, Please note the backing field for my combo box is a enum.

-S

>No; that didnt help me with the width of the drop down.

>Hi Sameer,

End Sub

Regards,
Jisha

JJ Jisha Joy Syncfusion Team February 11, 2009 08:46 AM UTC

Hi Sameer,

Sorry for the delay.

I have created a sample in which one of the column''s CellType is combobox and assign data to Choicelist which contains long data. It seems that width of the dropdrop is adjusted automatically so that all items in the list are viewed clearly.

Please refer the sample:
SampleLink

Regards,
Jisha

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon