We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

QueryCoveredRange

I wanted some help with two problems with my gridgroupingcontrol. I'm using the example "Portfolio Grid" from the online example to do the grid method for QueryCoveredRange.

Example
http://samples.syncfusion.com/ASPNET/7.1.0.21/Web/grid.grouping.web/samples/3.5/Summeries/PortFolioGrid/CS/portfoliogrid.aspx

I use a header template to put a html to format a complex grid header, next i use the QueryCoveredRange to merge the columns of the header to fit with the columns of the body. My header template will take 6 columns of the body.

My problem is that when i click on the lines to change the value of a cell, the merged header effect disappear. The second problem is that when i scroll the grid horizontally, it goes weird, the body don't match with the header when scrolling.

5 Replies

RP Rekha P Syncfusion Team February 7, 2009 06:38 AM UTC

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for using Syncfusion products.

Could you please create a DirectTrac Incident using your DT account for further support? Also could you please share your sample files so that we can look into it and suggest a solution quickly.

We appreciate your patience and please let us know if you have any other concerns.

Thanks,
Rekha

DS Daniel Santos de Carvalho February 12, 2009 02:41 PM UTC

Hi Rekha,

I took a small part of my original solution to create this example... The problems occurs when i scroll the grid horizontally, and when i try to change any row in the grid, the merge goes away...

TestMergeGrid_4da3133f.zip

RP Rekha P Syncfusion Team February 13, 2009 08:49 AM UTC

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for the sample.

I am afraid that I am not able to reproduce this issue. I have tested your sample and the video clip is available in the below link.

http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Grid.Web/6.3.1.8/F79318/F79318_samplevideo.zip

Please have a look at the above video clip and please let us know if you have any other concerns.

Thanks,
Rekha

DS Daniel Santos de Carvalho February 16, 2009 04:07 PM UTC

Hi Rekha,

I saw the video, it was not like the example executing on my computer. I will send the example again, now with all dll in the zip too. My example shows the borders in the header and it fills the grid with 4 rows.

The first problem, that of change the rows of the grid, i was able to correct in the code. But the problem of the scrolling is still there.

I will send to you again the example. I'm using internet explorer 7 and syncfusion 6.3.0.30. Please, see if it is going to work now.

TesteGridEstFluv_e005d1b7.zip

RP Rekha P Syncfusion Team February 18, 2009 05:13 AM UTC

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for the sample.

The issue with scrolling reported by you is reproduced by specifying FrozenColumns and FrozenRows to GridGrouping which allows us to lock specific columns / rows so that they will always be visible on the screen, no matter how far we scroll. The GridGroupingControl automatically fits for specified columns and rows. In order to enable scrolling, you can specify the Width and Height properties for the grid, will display the ScrollBars on the client browser, if necessary.

For more details about Frozen rows and columns, please refer sample below illustrates the "freezing rows and columns" features in the Grid Grouping control.

http://samples.syncfusion.com/ASPNET/7.1.0.21/Web/grid.grouping.web/samples/3.5/ColumnOrRows/Scrolling/CS/FrozanColsandRows.aspx

Please let us know if you have any other concerns.

Thanks,
Rekha

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon