We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Hide scrollbars in Autocomplete

Hi,
I am using the Syncfusion AutoComplete control. I have added 4 columns in the datatable and added it as a datasource for autocomplete. I have made columns 1, 2 and 3 as invisible and only column 1 is displyed. But the auto complete popup is displayed with column1 data and a lot of blank space. As a result a horizontal scroll bar appears in the popup. I want only column 1 to be displayed and no blank spaces after it. And no scroll bar. How do I achieve this?

Thanks

5 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 16, 2009 01:27 PM UTC

Hi Pradnya,

Thank you for using Syncfusion products.

Extra space in autocomplete

This issue is suspected to be a defect. We have forwarded this to our Development Team for further analysis. We will update you with our Development Team’s response in two business days.

Regards,
Jaya

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 17, 2009 12:53 PM UTC

>Hi Pradnya,

Thank you for using Syncfusion products.

Extra space in autocomplete

This issue is suspected to be a defect. We have forwarded this to our Development Team for further analysis. We will update you with our Development Team’s response in two business days.

Regards,
Jaya

Hi Jaya,
Thanks for the update. Please update me with the development teams response.

Regards,
Pradnya

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 19, 2009 05:50 AM UTC

Hi Pradnya,

Thanks for the update.

Auto complete popup displayed with column data and a lot of blank space when making column as invisible

Setting visible property of a column to false will hide only the column data in the autocomplete popup and it will not hide the entire column. If you want to remove the column from the popup , please use the code snippet below.

[C#]

this.autoComplete1.Columns.Remove(autoCompleteDataColumnInfo1);
this.autoComplete1.Columns.Remove(autoCompleteDataColumnInfo2);

Preventing horizontal scrollbar from showing up unnecessarily in the list

We are glad to inform you that the issue has been fixed internally and the fix for this issue is available in our latest Syncfusion Essential Studio 2009.

Syncfusion Essential Studio 2009 Volume 1 final release is available for download.

Download link:

http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/redirect.aspx?version=7.1.0.21&source=cache&file=syncfusionessentialstudiosetup [242MB]

Unlock key:

If your Essential Studio license is current, you will be able to obtain the key to install this version from your account in DirectTrac. Otherwise, please contact your Syncfusion Sales Representative or e-mail salessupport@syncfusion.com.

This release contains several new features in addition to this fix .You can refer the new features in our website from the below provided link.

http://www.syncfusion.com/products/whatsnew/winwhatsnew.aspx

Please find the sample from the below location that demonstrates this.

http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Tools.Windows/53715/main.htm

Please let me know if this helps you.

Regards,
Jaya

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 19, 2009 12:41 PM UTC

Hi Jaya,

The problem in removing the columns is that I want to store some info in the autocomplete popup. This info should not be visible to the user but should be stored along with the visible data for mapping purpose.
Is there any other way to achieve this without removing the columns?

Thanks

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 20, 2009 02:02 PM UTC

Hi Pradnya,

Thanks for the update.

You cannot hide the column from the user, but you can control the size of autocomplete popup such that particular
column is not visible to the customer .

The following code snippet can be used.

[C#]

this.autoComplete1.AutoCompletePopup.Popup += new EventHandler(AutoCompletePopup_Popup);

void AutoCompletePopup_Popup(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
if (this.autoComplete1.AutoCompletePopup != null)
{
this.autoComplete1.AutoCompletePopup.PopupHost.Size = new Size(this.autoComplete1.AutoCompletePopup.PopupHost.Size.Width - 100,this.autoComplete1.AutoCompletePopup.PopupHost.Size.Height);

}
}

Please let me know if this helps you.

Please post your further queries in the incident 53715.

Regards,
Jaya

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon