We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

GGC and Enums

Hello,

I have a GGC bound to a model; one of the attributes is of type enum.

This translates very well to a combobox in the grid.

Now I need to make this something like an exclusive list; is this possible?

5 Replies

RC Rajadurai C Syncfusion Team January 30, 2009 02:17 PM UTC

Hi Sameer,

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products.

You can set the DropDownStyle property of combobox to exclusive through hanling QueryCellStyleInfo event.

void gridGroupingControl1_QueryCellStyleInfo(object sender, Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.Grouping.GridTableCellStyleInfoEventArgs e)
{
if (e.Style.CellType == "ComboBox")
{
e.Style.DropDownStyle = GridDropDownStyle.Exclusive;
}
}

Regards,
Rajadurai

SK Sameer Khan February 2, 2009 03:16 PM UTC

Hello,

I was already doing that; It doesn't allow the user to type in anything other than the enum set. Which is great.

The problem is; the user;s can still mark it and hit delete, and when this data is being written to the model; it immedialtely throws a validation exception. Because I dont have an enum value = string.empty.

I want to disable this behavior; Making the cell readonly or disabled does not help either; because now the users cannot even select or change the values.

Appreciate your help.

-S

>Hi Sameer,

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products.

You can set the DropDownStyle property of combobox to exclusive through hanling QueryCellStyleInfo event.

void gridGroupingControl1_QueryCellStyleInfo(object sender, Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.Grouping.GridTableCellStyleInfoEventArgs e)
{
if (e.Style.CellType == "ComboBox")
{
e.Style.DropDownStyle = GridDropDownStyle.Exclusive;
}
}

Regards,
Rajadurai

RC Rajadurai C Syncfusion Team February 3, 2009 11:35 AM UTC

Hi Sameer,

You can prevent the user from deleting the value in combobox cell through the following code handled in TableControlCurrentCellKeyDown event.

void gridGroupingControl1_TableControlCurrentCellKeyDown(object sender, Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.Grouping.GridTableControlKeyEventArgs e)
{
GridCurrentCell cc = this.gridGroupingControl1.TableControl.CurrentCell;
if (cc.Renderer is GridComboBoxCellRenderer)
{
GridComboBoxCellRenderer rend = cc.Renderer as GridComboBoxCellRenderer;
if (rend != null)
{
if (e.Inner.KeyCode == Keys.Delete || (Control.ModifierKeys & Keys.Control) != 0 && e.Inner.KeyCode == Keys.X)
{
e.Inner.Handled = true;
}
}
}
}

Regards,
Rajadurai

SK Sameer Khan February 5, 2009 02:19 PM UTC

Hello,
The code is in the right direction; however the user can still mark the cell and hit backspace to clear off the cell.

Even when I handle the backspace key ( I see the e.Handled = true code is being executed ) the cell clears off; Is there something I am missing.

>Hi Sameer,

You can prevent the user from deleting the value in combobox cell through the following code handled in TableControlCurrentCellKeyDown event.

void gridGroupingControl1_TableControlCurrentCellKeyDown(object sender, Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.Grouping.GridTableControlKeyEventArgs e)
{
{
if (rend != null)
{
if (e.Inner.KeyCode == Keys.Delete || (Control.ModifierKeys & Keys.Control) != 0 && e.Inner.KeyCode == Keys.X)
{
e.Inner.Handled = true;
}
}
}
}

Regards,
Rajadurai

RC Rajadurai C Syncfusion Team February 7, 2009 08:42 AM UTC

Hi Sameer,

I tried with the following code,

{
{
if (rend != null)
{
if (e.Inner.KeyCode == Keys.Delete || ((Control.ModifierKeys & Keys.Control) != 0 && e.Inner.KeyCode == Keys.X)||e.Inner .KeyCode == Keys .Back)
{
e.Inner.Handled = true;
}
}
}

}

On selecting cells and pressing Backspace key, the cell content is not getting cleared. If you still see the issue, please provide a minimal sample in which issue can be reproduced.

Regards,
Rajadurai

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon