We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Skin Manager

Hi,
I really appreciate the skin support for wpf controls:-)

I am planning to use your Wpf Skin Manager support.
1. Is it possible to extend this skin manger support to define my custom skin rather than choosing from the available skin selection?

2. What will be the impact if i apply these skin on a wpf user control or any other third party wpf controls?

Thanks,
Vijay.

11 Replies

VM Venugopal M Syncfusion Team February 3, 2009 02:27 PM UTC

Hi Vijay,

Thanks for your treasure about WPF Skin Manager.

Typically WPF Skin Manager uses control templates for all the WPF and Syncfusion controls. So if you want to apply your own skin for control, you can create new template and apply it. Otherwise you can make use of Custom color feature which will enable you to apply your own color for existing skins.

Obviously Skin Manager will apply its skin for User Control also till if you set explicit template for the internal controls which you have used in your user control. But visual tree maintenance needs to be followed properly while creating your user control. Skin Manager never apply its skin for third party WPF controls.

However, we have planned to include more skins in our upcoming releases with different visual styles including custom color scheme support.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Venugopal.

SA Saad August 11, 2009 03:29 PM UTC

Hi,

I think I have a similar issue.

My application is using Syncfusion Skins. However, my custom made UserControl(s) don't get the same skin attributes as the rest of Syncfusion components when a Skin is applied. I do not define any stylers on my controls either.

What do I have to do to have my controls inherit the Skin attributes ?

Regards,
Saad

PP Prabhu P Syncfusion Team August 12, 2009 06:55 AM UTC

Hi Saad,

Thanks for choosing Syncfusion products.

The typical behavior of WPF Skin Manager is, it will apply the skin to all Syncfusion control directly without merging SkinManager ResourceDictionary file. If you want to apply the skin to your custom UserControl or any other Microsoft controls, you have to merge SkinManager.Xaml resource dictionary file in Resources section. Please refer the following XAML code snippet for merging SkinManager.Xaml file.

We have created a simple sample to demonstrate applying the Skin to the custom user control. Hope this will resolve your problem.

http://files.syncfusion.com/support/Tools.WPF/7.3.0.20/79287/main.htm

Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Regards,
Prabu

SA Saad August 12, 2009 10:02 AM UTC

Thanks ! It works like a charm :)

Regards,
Saad

PP Prabhu P Syncfusion Team August 12, 2009 02:53 PM UTC

Hi Saad,

We are glad to hear that your problem has been resolved. Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any other further assistance.

Thanks for choosing Syncfusion products.

Regards,
Prabu

JT John Taylor August 12, 2010 10:33 PM UTC

I've been looking for a way to apply SF skins to my user controls, and finally found this thread. However, the link for the demo app is no longer valid. Is it still available elsewhere on your site?

SL Swasthika Lakshmi I Syncfusion Team August 16, 2010 08:27 AM UTC

Hi John,

There are two possible ways to obtain the color values of the skin.

1. If you have source code license then you can easily navigate to Themes folder of corresponding control and find the corresponding theme's XAML file to know the values used for the style properties.

2. Otherwise, you can use the Snoop tool to obtain the property value. The link for download the Snoop tool given
below

http://blois.us/Snoop/

download the Installer package and install the tool. If you follow the instruction to inspect the WPF application elements, it will give the color values which you required.

Regards,
Swasthika Lakshmi.I

SR Soumyajit Roy March 12, 2015 04:28 PM UTC

Hi,

Can anyone provide me with an example for point 1 of Vijaylal's query.
[Is it possible to extend this skin manger support to define my custom skin rather than choosing from the available skin selection?]

Thanks,
Soumyajit Roy

MS Mariappan S Syncfusion Team March 16, 2015 10:34 AM UTC

Hi Soumyajit,

To define your own customized style in our Syncfusion theme please refer the below documentation link:

This link explain about “How to override the Syncfusion themes”.

UGDocumentation link: http://help.syncfusion.com/ug/wpf/documents/overridesyncfusionth.htm

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Regards,
Mariappan S.

SR Soumyajit Roy March 19, 2015 03:49 PM UTC

Thank You Mariappan. 
The approach that you have given me is useful if we want to override few styles. We need altogether a new dictionary. We identified a cleaner way. At any point of time, our Application resource keeps either Syncfusion dictionary or our own customer dictionary. Based on which one is active, the style is set accordingly. 

MS Mariappan S Syncfusion Team March 20, 2015 02:51 PM UTC

Hi Soumyajit,

Thank you for your update

When you use 'BasedOn' property and override syncfusion style, the style gets applied from Syncfusion Dictionary and then the override style from your custom dictionary will get applied. please revert us if we misunderstood your query.

Reagrds,
Mariappan S.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon