We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

PdfDocument.Merge causes Invalid/Unknown/Unsupported format error

I am using Essential PDF to merge two and more PDF files. It worked fine in testing with the PDF files made available to me, however, after I started testing with the PDFs produced by Oracle Documaker (for which my solution is intended)m, I get the following error every time when trying to execute PdfDocument.Merge

Message ==Invalid/Unknown/Unsupported format
Data ==System.Collections.ListDictionaryInternal
InnerException ==
TargetSite ==Byte[] PostProcess(Byte[], System.String)
StackTrace == at Syncfusion.Pdf.Primitives.PdfStream.PostProcess(Byte[] data, String filter)
at Syncfusion.Pdf.Primitives.PdfStream.Decompress(Byte[] data, String filter)
at Syncfusion.Pdf.Primitives.PdfStream.Decompress()
at Syncfusion.Pdf.PdfPageLayerCollection.CombineContent(Stream stream)
at Syncfusion.Pdf.PdfPageBase.GetContent()
at Syncfusion.Pdf.PdfDocumentPageCollection.Add(PdfLoadedDocument ldDoc, PdfPageBase page, ArrayList destinations)
at Syncfusion.Pdf.PdfDocument.ClonePage(PdfLoadedDocument ldDoc, PdfPageBase page, ArrayList destinations)
at Syncfusion.Pdf.PdfDocumentBase.ImportPageRange(PdfLoadedDocument ldDoc, Int32 startIndex, Int32 endIndex)
at Syncfusion.Pdf.PdfDocumentBase.Append(PdfLoadedDocument ldDoc)
at Syncfusion.Pdf.PdfDocumentBase.Merge(String[] paths)

Are there any compatibility setting I need to be looking at either on the Essential PDF component or the PDF generator?

I can e-mail the file that fails to the Syncfusion support personnel if requested.

Thanks!

1 Reply

BP Bhuvaneswari P Syncfusion Team January 21, 2009 11:06 AM UTC

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

I am afraid that I am unable to reproduce the issue "while merging the PDF document it throwing an exception". Could you please send you PDF documents which you trying to merge to us? It would be helpful for us to reproduce the issue and provide a possible solution.

Best Regards,
Bhuvana

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon