We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.
Syncfusion Feedback

How to set the column index from the code?

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

79093 Jan 20,2009 03:24 PM UTC Jan 23,2009 06:58 AM UTC Windows Forms 1
Tags: GridControl
Administrator [Syncfusion]
Asked On January 20, 2009 03:24 PM UTC

Hi,

I wonder if there is a way to set the column index/position of GridDataBoundGrid?

I'm saving the columns order to an xml file and when the application is loading up i want to set them up the same way they were order before the application was closed.

I'll appreciate if anyone can send me a code sample how to do this.

Thanks,

Ori

Jisha Joy [Syncfusion]
Replied On January 23, 2009 06:58 AM UTC

Hi Ori,

The desired behavior can be achieved by serialization and deserialization concept. Please refer the sample in the following location in the sample browser that is shipped with our products.

..\\My Documents\Syncfusion\EssentialStudio\7.1.0.21\Windows\Grid.Windows\Samples\2.0\Serialization\Serialize DBG Demo\cs

This sample will show you how to serialize and deserialize the grids schema information using a Binary serialization. Serialization is the process of saving the state of an object by converting it into a stream of bytes. The reverse process of serialization is deserialization.

Regards,
Jisha

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

Warning Icon You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.Close Icon

;