We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Move Thru Document Specified Number of Lines

Hi - Is it possible to move thru a document a specified number of lines and insert some text? We're trying to "mimic" header and footer placement so we can save the resulting document as html with proper page breaks and headers.
Please advise. Thanks!
Mark

3 Replies

BP Bhuvaneswari P Syncfusion Team January 21, 2009 12:15 PM UTC

Hi Mark,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

We don't have support for moving to the specified line number in the document, we can only move to the paragraph or section wise in the document.

Regarding document with header and footer into HTML document: I am afraid that I am unable to reproduce the issue. While converting doc to HTML it converts the header and footer and page breaks into the HTML document. Could you please provide your word document, current HTML output file and your expected output file? This would be helpful for us to investigate the issue further.

Best Regards,
Bhuvana

MB Mark Boyce January 21, 2009 09:03 PM UTC

Hi Bhuvana -
Thanks for your reply. I've attached the "test" document we were working with. It does put a "header" and "footer" on the html.

However, it ignores what would in word be numerous pages. Even if there are hard page breaks. We're looking for it to put those headers/footers in every so many lines so that when it prints it will look like a normal word document printout. That's why we were wondering about moving so many number of lines.

We currently do it that way using word application class, but it would be nice not to have to use word itself, that's why we're looking at your product.

Let me know.

Again, thanks very much for your help!
Mark

This is a test document_e71126ab.zip

BP Bhuvaneswari P Syncfusion Team January 22, 2009 11:10 AM UTC

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the file.

After analysis the issue in file we found the below details.

1. It doesn't put header and footer on the HTML
Using DocIO only primary header is output at the beginning of a section and the footer also placed in the end of the HTML page. Since MS Word automatically inserts header/footer to each page (in object model we have only 1 header/footer for each section). So this is not issue, this is the behavior.

Break is not preserved in the HTML document
We are able to reproduce the issue. The issue reported by you is suspected to be a defect. We have forwarded this to our Development Team for further analysis. We will update you with our development Team’s response in two business days.

Thank you for your patience.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Best Regards,
Bhuvana

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon