We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Exception changing filtered value in databound grid

I have a GDBG bound to a filtered DataView. When user changes a value in the grid which causes the changed row to go out of views scope, grid throws the following exceptions: 1) System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridControlBase.OnPaint(PaintEventArgs pe) in S:\Nimrod\src\WinUI\Components\Syncfusion.Grid\GridControlBase.cs:line 1828 at System.Windows.Forms.Control.PaintWithErrorHandling(PaintEventArgs e, Int16 layer, Boolean disposeEventArgs) etc.... After this exception is dismissed, another one is thrown: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at System.Data.DataView.IsOriginalVersion(Int32 index) at System.Data.DataRowView.GetColumnValue(DataColumn column) at System.Data.DataColumnPropertyDescriptor.GetValue(Object component) at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridModelDataBinder.QueryCellInfo(GridQueryCellInfoEventArgs e) in S:\Nimrod\src\WinUI\Components\Syncfusion.Grid\GridModelDataBinder.cs:line 1827 at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridModelDataBinder.Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.IGridModelDataProvider.QueryCellInfo(GridQueryCellInfoEventArgs e) in S:\Nimrod\src\WinUI\Components\Syncfusion.Grid\GridModelDataBinder.cs:line 1729 I uses SyncGrid 1.6.1.6, VS 2003

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 15, 2003 11:13 AM UTC

This problem will be handled in the grouping grid support in the upcoming 2.0 release. I do not know of a way to handle it cleanly with the 1.6 code base.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon