We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Dockable Forms with Tabbed MDI

I am trying to demonstrate a view which has a mix of Dockable forms with a Tabbed MDI as your tools support, however, I am running into few small problems. When I start my application, my dockable forms appear on the TabbedMDI (using SetAsMDIChild). If I right click to bring up the context menu, and select Floating, the form appears floating. However, if I immediately click the border, I cannot bring up the context menu on the floating form unless I click an object on the form or move the form (is this a bug?) When I am able to click I see that the Floating and Dockable choices are selected. This can be confusing. Is this the proper behavior? If so, is there a way for me to override the context menu so that only one choice (Dockable or Floating) is selected at one time? Also, with both dockable and floating choices selected in the context menu, if I deselect dockable, I would expect the floating to stay selected and the window to remain floating. However, by deselecting Dockable, the window then docks to the TabbedMDI, and both the choices are deselected. Is this the proper behavior? Thanks, Vikram

5 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 14, 2003 06:02 PM UTC

Hi Vikram, The context menu error is a known issue and we have a open QA Report (Id# 256) in this regard. I have updated the QA Report on your behalf hence upping the priority of this bug fix. We will try our very best to fix this bug at the earliest and include the bugfix in our future releases. Thanks for your patience and cooperation on this issue. The behavior of our Docking Windows Architecture conforms in every way to the behavior of the docking windows in VS.NET.The child forms can only exist as MDI child forms if they are not dockable. Only if they are both 'dockable' and 'floating', can they exist as float only. However if you wish to change this behavior, you could do so by overriding the OnDockContextmenu method and capturing the DockContextMenu (XPMenu object) in the DockingMgr.cs source file. When dockable is deselected, the docking form becomes a MDI child form and associates itself with the TabbedMDIManager. Once again, this is how the docking windows behave in VS.NET, and not a bug in our control. Please let me know if you need any additional information. Thanks for choosing Syncfusion products. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion Inc.

DM Desis Machino October 14, 2003 07:11 PM UTC

> The behavior of our Docking Windows Architecture conforms in every way to the behavior of the docking windows in VS.NET. Either this is incorrect or I am doing something wrong. But as an example, in the VSDemo application which comes with the trial, if on any of the docked windows, I try to make the window Floating by clicking Floating the window will correctly float. However, if I then right click on the floating window menu bar, the context menu shows the Dockable and Floating items checked. In the VS.NET, if I follow the same sequence to float a docked window, and then click on the floating window, the context menu shows only the Floating item check (and NOT the Dockable item). In other words, in VS.NET there is no way the user is able to create a scenario where both the Dockable and Floating context menu items are checked at once. Please let me know if I am incorrect, or there is a bug in the code. And if there is a bug, how soon would a fix be available. Thanks, Vikram.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 15, 2003 03:14 PM UTC

Hi Vikram, I apologise for my incorrect response earlier and thanks for bringing this issue to our attention. We do realise that this is an inconsistency and a bug in our docking windows architecture, and have logged a QA Report (QA# 314)in this regard. We will fix this problem at the earliest and the bugfix will be available in the next build of Essential Suite scheduled for releases in a few weeks from now. The earlier mentioned bug regarding the context-menu visibility (QA Report#256) has now been fixed internally and this fix will also be available in our next release. I will keep you updated regarding this. Thanks for your patience and cooperation. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion Inc.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 15, 2003 03:27 PM UTC

Hi Vikram, Please open an incident on DirectTrac in this regard and we will update you there. Thank you. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion Inc.

PS Prakash S Syncfusion Team November 18, 2003 08:33 PM UTC

Hello! This problem has been fixed. The next update of Essential Tools will include the revised codebase. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Prakash Syncfusion Inc.,

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon