We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Resize to fit a Grid control column

Hi,
I want to resize to fit the column width by longest text of that particular column when double clicking on the column header border (want to work as normal windows like grid).
plz help me out abt this.

6 Replies

JJ Jisha Joy Syncfusion Team January 2, 2009 05:42 AM UTC

Hi Ali,

To resize to fit a particular range of cells (could be a row, col or table or several rows or whatever), you use the ResizeToFit method which is a member of the GridControl.ColWidths and GridControl.RowHeights classes.

So, to resize the widths of all cells in column 1, use

this.gridControl1.ColWidths.ResizeToFit(GridRangeInfo.Col(1));

To resize the heights of the range (1,1) to (4,5), use

this.gridControl1.RowHeights.ResizeToFit( GridRangeInfo.Cells(1,1,4,5));

Please let me know if this helps.

Regards,
Jisha

AL ali January 8, 2009 09:59 AM UTC

Hi Jisha,

Thanks for your valuable reply.
I already tried this ResizeToFit method. and it was working. but i need to do this resize when double clicking on Column divider. for that in which event i should write the line of code.

thank again.

>
Hi Ali,

To resize to fit a particular range of cells (could be a row, col or table or several rows or whatever), you use the ResizeToFit method which is a member of the GridControl.ColWidths and GridControl.RowHeights classes.

So, to resize the widths of all cells in column 1, use

this.gridControl1.ColWidths.ResizeToFit(GridRangeInfo.Col(1));

To resize the heights of the range (1,1) to (4,5), use

this.gridControl1.RowHeights.ResizeToFit( GridRangeInfo.Cells(1,1,4,5));

Please let me know if this helps.

Regards,
Jisha

JJ Jisha Joy Syncfusion Team January 9, 2009 10:38 AM UTC

Hi Ali,

You can handle ResizingColumns event of GridControl and can check for the e.Reason. Please see the code:

this.gridControl1.ResizingColumns += new Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridResizingColumnsEventHandler(gridControl1_ResizingColumns);

void gridControl1_ResizingColumns(object sender, Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridResizingColumnsEventArgs e)
{
if(e.Reason == Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridResizeCellsReason.DoubleClick)
MessageBox.Show("Fired");
}

Regards,
Jisha

AL ali January 12, 2009 09:35 AM UTC

Hi Jisha,

Thank you for your support and help.
I have tried with the code wich u have mentioned earlier.

Here is my code

private void syncGrdCtrl1_ResizingColumns(object sender, GridResizingColumnsEventArgs e)
{
if (e.Reason == GridResizeCellsReason.DoubleClick)
{
syncGrdCtrl1.ColWidths.ResizeToFit(GridRangeInfo.Col(e.Columns.Left));
}
}

for getting the column Index i took the e.Columns.Left ( as well as the .Right).

the event is firing but the columns still remain without any change. I even tried with a fixed column Index (instead of e.Columns.Left, i have given 2).

Thanks,
Ali PP

>Hi Ali,

You can handle ResizingColumns event of GridControl and can check for the e.Reason. Please see the code:

this.gridControl1.ResizingColumns += new Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridResizingColumnsEventHandler(gridControl1_ResizingColumns);

void gridControl1_ResizingColumns(object sender, Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridResizingColumnsEventArgs e)
{
}

Regards,
Jisha

AL ali January 12, 2009 10:20 AM UTC

Hi Jisha..

Thanks for your suport.

finally i have done it..

here is my code

private void syncGrdCtrl1_ResizingColumns(object sender, GridResizingColumnsEventArgs e)
{
{
int iColIndx = e.Columns.Left;
if (syncGrdCtrl1.ColWidths.IsDefault(iColIndx))
{
syncGrdCtrl1.ColWidths.ResizeToFit(GridRangeInfo.Col(iColIndx));
e.Cancel = true;
}
else
{
e.Cancel = false;
}
}
}

Thanks n Regards

Ali PP

>Hi Jisha,

Thank you for your support and help.
I have tried with the code wich u have mentioned earlier.

Here is my code

{
{
syncGrdCtrl1.ColWidths.ResizeToFit(GridRangeInfo.Col(e.Columns.Left));
}
}

for getting the column Index i took the e.Columns.Left ( as well as the .Right).

the event is firing but the columns still remain without any change. I even tried with a fixed column Index (instead of e.Columns.Left, i have given 2).

Thanks,
Ali PP

>Hi Ali,

{
}

Regards,
Jisha

JJ Jisha Joy Syncfusion Team January 13, 2009 05:53 AM UTC

Hi Ali,

Thank you for your update. Glad to hear that issue has been resolved.

Regards.
Jisha

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon