We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Chart Symbol Borders - version 6.402.0.15

Hi

I would be grateful if someone could point me in the right direction for setting the border color, width etc for the Symbol being used for a particular series. I can set the fill color.

Many thanks

Tareq

4 Replies

MA Manohari Syncfusion Team December 24, 2008 07:16 AM UTC

Hi Tareq,

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products.

It is possible to customize the ChartSymbol shape by using the ChartBorder Class as illustrated below.

Example:

// Set the Size of the symbol
ser.Style.Symbol.Size = new Size(8, 8);

// Set the shape of the symbol
ser.Style.Symbol.Shape = ChartSymbolShape.Square;

// Set border Sytle.ChartBorderWeight can be used to set the width of the symbol border.
ChartBorder cBorder1 = new ChartBorder(ChartBorderStyle.Solid, Color.Red, ChartBorderWeight.Medium);

ser.Style.ElementBorders.All = cBorder1;
ser.Style.Symbol.Color = Color.Blue;

Note: Possible value for ChartBorderWeight are
ChartBorderWeight.Thin
ChartBorderWeight.Medium
ChartBorderWeight.Thick

I have attached a sample that illustrates the same in this link below.

http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Chart.Windows/F78687/Sample1.htm

Please let us know if this meets your requirement.

Regards,
Manohari.R

MA Manohari Syncfusion Team December 24, 2008 07:44 AM UTC

Hi Tareq,

We are glad to inform you that a new Border property has also been implemented for setting the border properties in later versions and this property is available in our Development build version 7.1.0.5 and above.

You can download version 7.1.0.5 and later from the following link.

http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/product/build.aspx

If your Essential Studio license is current, you will be able to obtain the key to install this version from your account in DirectTrac. Otherwise, please contact your Syncfusion Sales Representative or e-mail salessupport@syncfusion.com. Please let us know if you face any problem with this version.

Please refer to the sample code that illustrates the usage of this property below.

ser.Style.Symbol.Border.Color = Color.Green;/ Set color of the symbol border
ser.Style.Symbol.Border.Width = 2; // Set border width

I have also attached the sample that illustrates the same in this link below.

http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Chart.Windows/F78687/Sample2.htm

Please let me know if this helps in resolving your problem. Thanks for your patience.

Regards,
Manohari.R

TK Tareq Khan December 24, 2008 10:53 AM UTC

Thanks very much for your help.

Incidentally, we recently purchased a bunch of enterprise developer licences, and the download link sent to us was for the version mentioned in the subject of this post. Should we be using the later version 7.XXX?

Thanks again for all your help. Have a good holiday.

MA Manohari Syncfusion Team December 26, 2008 06:42 AM UTC

Hi Tareq,

Thanks for the update.

If this solution using ElementBorders property and ChartBorder object as given below satisfies your requirements, the current version 6.4.0.15 can be used.

ChartBorder cBorder1 = new ChartBorder(ChartBorderStyle.Solid, Color.Red, ChartBorderWeight.Medium);
ser.Style.ElementBorders.All = cBorder1;

ChartBorder object will allow only pre-defined width options for setting the Border width using one of the following

ChartBorderWeight.Thin
ChartBorderWeight.Medium
ChartBorderWeight.Thick

Note: ElementsBorder property has been marked as obsolete since this new property 'ChartSeries.Style.Symbol.Border' has been implemented to achieve the same behavior in the latest.

However, if you wish to use the new feature ( ChartSeries.Style.Symbol.Border ) which allows customizing Border.Width to any value, you can upgrade to the latest version 7.1.0.5 and later.

For more information on the new features/changes available in the later versions please refer to the release notes links in the following page.

http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/product/build.aspx

Kindly let us know if you need any other information. Thanks for your patience.

Regards,
Manohari.R

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon