We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

GGC client-side binding to web services

Hello,

in our ASP.NET-application we are running in trouble because the total-response time has to be reduced significantly. We have a site with AJAX-Callbacks, your TAB-Strip, which contains about 8 pageviews, each of them containing a GGC. When user selects an item in a tree/list, all 8 GGC shall be newly loaded with the key of the selected ID. loading the data itself isn't the problem, our fiddler gets data within 1 second. Unfortunately IE (6 and 7) needs again 3-7 seconds to render the update panels...

Therefore we tried a simple html-page (plain text) binding to a ajax-webservice. The result was frightening: 1/10 of rendertime, and 1/30 of transfered-data compared to the ajax-callback!

Now we have the idea of using this methods also for our Grids. Are there any plans to support client-side binding a grid to web services?

btw: I read componentart and telerik supports this issue

regards, and merry x-mas

sascha wald from Karlsruhe, Germany

1 Reply

RS Rajarajeswari S Syncfusion Team December 23, 2008 06:15 AM UTC

Hi Sascha,

Thanks for using Syncfusion products.

Right now, the GridGroupingControl is not implemented to work with the Webservices, but we are working on a new Grid called "AzureGrid", that is targeted to the Azure platform services. It uses ADO.NET Data services as a back end model to connect. This purely works out with good client object model, and also uses handlers to refresh real fast. In our ES 2009 Vol 1 release, we will have a preview version released that would include the following features,

- Paging, Sorting, Nested table expands implemented thru handlers (real fast refresh).
- Works with the ADO.NET Entity Model.
- Can be easily used to host the Grid in the Azure platform services.

We are currently working on this Grid, and these features would make out in our next release. Right now it is at the basic implementation level, we would have different functionalities worked out over in the next week. I am sure that this Grid would be very suitable for your needs.

Please let me know, if you have any other concerns.

Thanks,
Raji

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon