We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Page setup

Hello,

I wonder to know whether it is possible to print page with custom size, like it is provided by MS Visio? Say, I would like to print the page A1 or A0, or with width = 70 cm and height = 250 cm and my printer support this. But how can I accomplish this with your component? It is critical for my business requirements and I even preffer to buy more money for the diagram component with printing.

In case this is impossible how much time do you need to investigate the requirement and to implement this advanced page setup? It is Ok for me if you supply some update or whatever for additional price. I really hope you will help me

Best regards,
Jimmy

7 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 18, 2008 09:29 AM UTC

I agree with you. Guys your printing looks really funny and unprofessional. I really appreciate if you could improve the printing at least by adding possibility to print the A1 and A0. I think most of diagrams have size more than 1 meter and it is really stupid idea to print such diagram on A4 pages. I wonder to know is it really so hard to implement normal printing??? I hope you will do it and I will wait for it (without notmal printing this component does not make much sense to me too)!

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 20, 2008 01:07 AM UTC

Totaly agree with you! This printing feature makes me crazy:) When I delivered he project with the diagarm to the customer, all were looking pretty nice and customer was sutisfyid, except one feature - printing. Now customer wants advanced printing which we can't provide and as a result we can't get additional money from the customer:) I hope you will be able to evaluate time which you need for improvement of printing and provide us (I mean me and all guys who have requested o this post) with the status. For my opinion you MUST do it, otherwise it is better to remove this printing at all. It seems that this printing was implemented by students, not by professional developers

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 20, 2008 07:40 PM UTC

What I wanted to say is that the printing feature looks very primitive where it should provide serious capabilities. I would like to suggest you (Syncfusion team) to investigate the request and implement smth similar to MS Visio where printing apabilities are really nice and powerful

Thanks,
Olya

AM Ajeet M Syncfusion Team December 22, 2008 04:10 AM UTC

Hi,

The print feature entirely depends on the kind of printer installed and specifically to the printer that is set to as "Default" printer.

Depending upon the paper sizes supported by the set default printer, the paper size list is generated.

Also, when we have a printer capable of handling the paper size of A0 or A1, we do have an option in the paper setup to select the paper size as "A0 or A1".

Thus, it is recommended to check whether the default printer installed has support for the paper size you want, and also if any of your installed printer is capable of handling the paper size you desire, have it set as "Default" printer type.

For your convenience, I am attaching the snapshot of my paper setup dialog box, which shows the sizes "A0" and "A1"; as my default printer is capable of handling these paper sizes.

Let me know if you shall need any otehr clarifications here.

Thanks and Regards,
Ajeet

PageSetup_741bbb03.zip

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 23, 2008 01:02 PM UTC

Thanks for the update. I've done like you recommended and now I am able to print the files of A1 pages as my printer support. But, here is another importnat point: how to setup custom paper size. in my case my printer supports printing of pages with width up to 130 cm and not limited hight. And my diagrams now are really huge - in average there are 2000 elements and about 3000 connections between them. Will it be possible to print such diagram with unlimited height in case my printer allows this?

Best regards,
Jimmy

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 31, 2008 05:28 AM UTC

Hi,

I would like to join the request to add advanced printing. For my eyes it is sufficient to add possibility to print the diagram with custom size, e.g. 100 cm width and 200 cm height (certainly in case the printer supports such possibility). Well, it would be nice feature which I haven't seen before within the similar components

Thanks,
Elena

AM Ajeet M Syncfusion Team December 31, 2008 07:11 AM UTC

Hi All,

We have taken this as a Feature request. This shall be available with our next release versions.

Let me know if you shall need any further clarifications in this regard.

Thanks and Regards,
Ajeet

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon