We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

LUA Parsing

Hi,

I am relatively new to this control. I am just wondering if you have any examples for parsing a LUA script file. What I want to do, is basically:

1. Create a configuration that highlights things like "function", "end", "if" etc

2. At runtime, add new "functions" users have added so they can show up in the auto-complete box

Can anybody help me with this?

Thanks,
Rich Bosworth

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 18, 2008 06:13 AM UTC

Hi ,

Thank you for using Syncfusion products.

EditControl provides predefined configuration files for languages like SQL, Delphi or Pascal, HTML, VB.NET, XML, Java, VBScript, JScript and C#.

It supports Syntax highlighting and code coloring of some of the commonly used languages with the help of configuration files.

Please refer the shipped sample from the below location that demonstrates this feature.

..\Edit.Windows\Samples\2.0\Syntax Highlighting\SyntaxColoringDemo

Essential Edit provides Intellisense feature which allows creation of a pop-up window used to display a list of options that completes what the user is typing.

Please refer the shipped sample from the below location that demonstrates this feature.

..\Edit.Windows\Samples\2.0\IntelliSense Functions\Advanced IntelliSense Demo

You can also plug-in an external configuration file that defines a custom language to the EditControl using Configurator.Open and ApplyConfiguration methods.

Please let me know if this helps you.

Regards,
Jaya

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon