We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

FloatingForm of Docking Package

How can I make the Floating window to behave as a normal window.

what I mean is it should remain in Normal State even when the Main Applcication containing the docking manager is Minimised.

13 Replies

FS Fathima Shalini P Syncfusion Team December 11, 2008 10:09 AM UTC

Hi Yezdi,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion Products.

When a application that has floating control is minimized, the floating control will also get minimized. It is the default behaviour and it is not possible to override this behaviour. You can find this bahaviour in Visual Studio also.

Please let me know if any concerns.

Regards,
Fathima

YP Yezdi Parvez December 11, 2008 02:18 PM UTC

I know that's the default behavior, but since you are a component library you should provide this functionality. It is very useful in trading applications where the user can float a window outside, place it on any monitor and then minimize the main application.

Thanks anyways.

FS Fathima Shalini P Syncfusion Team December 12, 2008 10:00 AM UTC

Hi Yezdi,

Thank you fo your update.

Add support to display floating control when the main application is minimized

On our initial analysis we have found that the above issue could be a feature request. We have forwarded this to our developers for more analysis. We will getback to you on or before December 19th 2008.

Please let me know if you have any concerns.

Regards,
Fathima

YP Yezdi Parvez December 12, 2008 04:59 PM UTC

Thank you... really looking forward to get this as a feature in the current docking package. Will wait patiently :-)

YP Yezdi Parvez December 19, 2008 05:04 PM UTC

Hi Syncfusion,

Anything on this.

Thanks,
Yezdi

FS Fathima Shalini P Syncfusion Team December 22, 2008 12:49 PM UTC

Hi Yezdi,

Thank you for your patience.

On further analysis, we have found that the docking panel can be displayed when the HostForm is minimized in the Form_Layout event. Please refer to the below code snippet and the sample given below:

private void Form1_Layout(object sender, LayoutEventArgs e)
{
if (this.WindowState == FormWindowState.Minimized)
{
if (dockingManager1.IsFloating(panel1))
{
FloatingForm ff = panel1.Parent.Parent as FloatingForm;
ff.WindowState = FormWindowState.Normal;
ff.Visible = true;
}
}
}

http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Tools.Windows/F78364/main.htm

Regards,
Fathima

YP Yezdi Parvez December 22, 2008 12:59 PM UTC

Hi,

this will work... but how will I keep track of all the panels that are floating. I guess I can get a list from Docking manager. But this is a work around... It should be just a property on the DockingManager not to minimise the floating windows.

Agreed?

Yezdi

MJ Mano J Syncfusion Team December 23, 2008 02:10 PM UTC

Hi Yezdi,

This behavior was intentionally done for docking manager long back, that floating forms should be minimized when parent form is minimized.

To access all the floating controls, you can use the following code to display them on top when parent form is minimized.

private void Form1_Layout(object sender, LayoutEventArgs e)
{
foreach(Control ctrl in dockingManager1.ControlsArray)
{
if (this.WindowState == FormWindowState.Minimized)
{
if (dockingManager1.IsFloating(ctrl))
{
FloatingForm ff = ctrl.Parent.Parent as FloatingForm;
ff.WindowState = FormWindowState.Normal;
ff.Visible = true;
}
}
}
}

Best Regards,
Mano

YP Yezdi Parvez December 23, 2008 07:57 PM UTC

Hi Mano,

As i said this is a workaround... If you notice by doing this, when the main application is minimised and the floating forms are in Normal State, the only way to restore (bring to normal state) the main application is to right-click the minimised button of the application on the taskbar and hit Restore.

Thats not very good.

So finally... just let me know whether you guys are going to provide a property on the Docking Manager to support this feature?

Simple yes or no

Thanks,
Yezdi

YP Yezdi Parvez December 24, 2008 07:10 PM UTC

Anything???

YES / NO

YP Yezdi Parvez December 29, 2008 09:24 PM UTC

Hi SyncFusion,

Please let me know the answer.

Thanks,
Yezdi

FS Fathima Shalini P Syncfusion Team December 30, 2008 04:29 AM UTC

Hi Yezdi,

Thank you for your patience.

Currently we don’t have any immediate plan for implement this feature. This feature is expected to be implemented after three months only.

Regards,
Fathima

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 30, 2008 02:51 PM UTC

Hello Yezdi,

Please note that since you are a customer of Syncfusion, the best way to receive technical support is through Direct Trac. You can log in with your email address and password. Here is the link: https://www.syncfusion.com/Support/DirectTrac/logon.aspx?URL=/Support/DirectTrac/default.aspx

Best regards,
Holley

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon