We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

TabStrip - How to set selected item via javascript

Hi there,

I have a tabstrip-control connected to a multipage-Control.
If the user pushes a button in the first Page of the multipage, a javascript shall change the focus to the last (or a specific) page.
Doing this in multipage is no problem, as you implemented there GoLast:
MyMultipageClientObjectId.GoLast();

But how can I do this with TabStrip to establish the current selected item? (If I don't, the tabstrip fools the user that the first multipage was selected, indeed showing the last one...)

Thanks
Sascha

3 Replies

RP Rekha P Syncfusion Team December 11, 2008 12:07 PM UTC

Hi Sascha,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion Products.

We regret to let you know that currently we do not provide support for selecting TabStrip items through client side. As a workaround please refer the below link for online sample which illustrates the TabStrip item selection through server side.

http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Tools.Web/6.4.0.15/F78363-TabStrip_MultiPage/main.htm

In the above sample when the button in Multipage1 is clicked, the MultiPage displays the last page and the TabStrip selection goes to last item through server side.

Please let us know if you have any concerns.

Thanks,
Rekha

MS Mr. Sascha Wald December 19, 2008 02:50 PM UTC

Thank you for the example.
Actually I am trying to avoid these kind of roundtrips.
Can you tell me if you plan to implement a function like this in a (near) future version? This would be very helpful and a great step regarding the link between tabstrip and multipage.

regards and merry christmas
sacha

>Hi Sascha,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion Products.

We regret to let you know that currently we do not provide support for selecting TabStrip items through client side. As a workaround please refer the below link for online sample which illustrates the TabStrip item selection through server side.

http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Tools.Web/6.4.0.15/F78363-TabStrip_MultiPage/main.htm

In the above sample when the button in Multipage1 is clicked, the MultiPage displays the last page and the TabStrip selection goes to last item through server side.

Please let us know if you have any concerns.

Thanks,
Rekha

RP Rekha P Syncfusion Team December 20, 2008 12:36 PM UTC

Hi Sascha,

Thank you for your suggestion.

We have notified our development team on this regard of Tabstrip item selection through client side and will get back to you on or before December 24th 2008 with more details.

Wish you a merry christmas.

Thanks,
Rekha

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon