We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

ComboBoxAutoComplete with AutoSuggest

I'd like combobox to open a dropdown with the range of valid values automatically when the user starts typing text. But I can only get autocomplete functionality on the text box and the dropdown has to be opened manually.
Please help.

5 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 4, 2008 11:12 AM UTC

Hi Leah,

Thank you for using Syncfusion products.

comboBoxAutoComplete : Display dropdown automatically

Please use the following codesnippet to display the dropdown with the range of valid values automatically when the user starts typing text.

[C#]

comboBoxAutoComplete1.AutoCompleteControl.SetAutoComplete(this.comboBoxAutoComplete1, AutoCompleteModes.AutoSuggest);

Please let me know if this helps you.

Regards,
Jaya

SL Schneider Leah December 4, 2008 02:22 PM UTC

Thanks a lot!

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 5, 2008 03:04 AM UTC

Hi Leah,

Thanks for the update.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,
Jaya

SL Schneider Leah December 7, 2008 02:00 PM UTC

Hi,
Sonething weird with this property: it works for the first time you start typing but if the cursor leaves the combobox and then gets back - the drop down is not getting open...
Please help

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 8, 2008 06:54 AM UTC

Hi Leah,

Thanks for the update.

Please try calling SetAutoComplete() method in comboBoxAutoComplete1_TextChanged event handler as follows and let me know if this helps you.

[C#]

void comboBoxAutoComplete1_TextChanged(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
comboBoxAutoComplete1.AutoCompleteControl.SetAutoComplete(this.comboBoxAutoComplete1, AutoCompleteModes.AutoSuggest);

Regards,
Jaya
}

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon