We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

GGC urgent

Hi, I am using GridGroupingcontrol of Syncfusion 6.3.1.8 version.

1.When i add GroupedColumns, the groups are displayed in alphabetical order of GroupedColumnNames.I want the groups should be displayed not in alphabetical order of column names but in the order in which the rows are present in the datasource.

2.I want the chilgroup caption row to come exactly below the parentgroup caption row.ie.without any indentation.If i set IndentWidth = 0 plus/minus cell is hidden.Please provide a sample how i can do this.The code should work for any number of hierarchies added.i.e. all group caption rows should start at same x coordinate(no indentation)

Please reply as early as possible.Thanks in advance!

1 Reply

NA Nisha Arockiya A Syncfusion Team December 3, 2008 11:21 AM UTC

Hi keshav,

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion Products.

1.When i add GroupedColumns, the groups are displayed in alphabetical order of GroupedColumnNames.

This feature is by design.Always sorting follows Grouping in GridGroupingControl.

2.I want the childgroup caption row to come exactly below the parentgroup caption row.ie.without any indentation.

To do this, set the TableOptions.ShowTableIndent property of the ChildTableDescriptor to false.This will hide the default PlusMinus buttons. Then, QueryCellStyleInfo and TableControlCellButtonClicked events has to be hanlded to get the intended behavior. Please refer the attached sample for more details.

Here is a sample GGC_TableIndent.zip

Please let me know if this helps.

Regards,
Nisha

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon